We are a growing Architectural and Passive House/Sustainability consulting design firm seeking passionate and self-motivated candidates with 5 to 8 years of experience for a Project Architect / Project Manager / Architect position.
We seek an Architect with strong organizational, design, research and construction detailing skills with strong collaboration capacity and willingness to take on new challenges . The ideal candidate will have experience in a variety of design, construction and project management skills, specifically with experience of built multi-family projects in the New York City Area.
- Project Lead / Project Manager for all phases (schematic design through construction administration) of small, medium, and large-scale projects;
- Coordinating with clients, consultants, and design principal;
- Communication and direction of architectural team (1-4 team members) to complete project tasks within design, schedule and budget requirements;
- Design and presentation drawings;
- Construction detailing and drawings;
- Construction observation and administration;
- The candidate will also provide support as a team member of other project teams within the office;
Skills, Experience and Software Requirements:
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills;
- Experience and facility in all phases of design;
- Project experience in all phases of design and construction observation;
- Working knowledge of building code and zoning analysis;
- NYC multi-family and affordable housing projects a plus;
- Rendering and visualization skills a plus;
- Energy modeling, building science and sustainability certifications (CHPC, LBC) a plus;
- Required Software Fluency:
- Revit Fluency with capable of creating full construction documents level drawings is required;
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign);
- Word, Excel;
- AutoCad experience a plus;
- Rendering and other 3D visualization software experience a plus;
- Energy modeling (Wufi Passive, PHPP, eQuest) and carbon modeling a plus;
- ProCore experience a plus;
Paul Castrucci Architects are an award-winning design firm that is knowledgeable of technology and tradition. We have a detail-oriented, modern aesthetic with an exceptional emphasis of building energy, sustainability, and design for and within our communities.
The firm’s practice is in the Lower East Side, we specialize in affordable housing, cultural facilities, multi-family residential, and adaptive re-use in the 5 boroughs and the Northeast.
Most projects incorporate Passive House methodology, with some achieving Net Zero certification.
We provide training in Passive House design concepts and a wide range of experience is offered.
Primary Project Types include:
- Affordable Housing (new construction and deep energy retrofit);
- Market Rate Housing (new construction and deep energy retrofit);
- Adaptive Re-Use;
- Sustainability Consulting and Research;
- Arts and Culture Spaces;
- Site and Master Planning;
- We typically compete in several Competitive RFPs each year;
Competitive salary and benefits offered, with compensation scaled to experience. Hybrid and progressive work environment. The expected compensation for this position is $35 to $45 per hour with health insurance benefits.