BKSK Architects is looking for an Architect/ Project Manager with 6-10 years of experience and a passion for high quality design, strong technical capabilities, and a positive, collaborative work style.
Founded in 1985, BKSK Architects is a New York City-based firm specializing in design that is socially, contextually and ecologically engaged. The firm’s diverse range of work includes award-winning cultural, civic, educational, liturgical and multi-family residential projects.
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications: Applicant must have strong design and technical skills, and experience with all phases of project development from schematic design through construction for mid to large size projects. An ability to produce rigorous construction documents, strong communication and presentation skills, and solid construction administration experience are required.
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- 6-10 years of experience – with substantial involvement in NYC based multifamily residential projects
- Demonstrated proficiency/ expertise in Revit and drawing production
- Experience managing in-house team and consultants
- Ability to manage and maintain project schedule
- Strong working knowledge of NYC Building Codes and Zoning Resolution
- Experience in exterior and interior detailing
- Interest/ experience in sustainable design and building performance (CPHC/ LEED/ Well accreditation a plus)
- Motivated self-starter and works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, comfortably, and confidently (both written and verbal) with team members and clients
Submit resume along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Architect/Project Manager” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements, and availability. While BKSK continues to work remotely, this position will require residency in the New York City region. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. No submissions via FTP or posts, and no phone calls, please.