DAHLIN is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interiors design firm with 170+ multi-cultural professionals located throughout the Western United States. We offer more than 45 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking an energetic, confident, and highly motivated PROJECT MANAGER to join our INTERIOR DESIGN team in our SAN DIEGO, CA office. This experienced professional will have full responsibility for directing design and proactively managing all aspects of exciting new projects, bringing the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Serves as a primary client contact and will have full responsibility for proactively managing all aspects of projects, bringing the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Support business development activities and seek to identify new work associated with existing projects and clients.
- Proactively participates in client meetings at a high level of proficiency and confidence.
- Works in unison with Director of Interior Design to lead projects of various sizes covering all sectors.
- Directs the design process from programming phase through construction administration plus FF&E to carry out design intent.
- Manages the execution and delivery of implementation documents through all phases of a project.
- Develops detailed project schedule and communicates key deliverable dates to the project team to ensure tasks and expectations are clear.
- Lead project review meetings to guide team members toward continually improving project delivery, quality, and profitability.
- Assists the Director in developing and validating project scope and fees, budgets, and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Manages project scope, fee, schedule, budgets, contracts, and invoices.
- Initiate, document, and maintain project set-up, including contract review, project process and filing procedures, and work authorizations; review internal project accounting documents and collaborate with accounting in timely distribution of invoices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to provide excellent client service and leadership.
- Proactive and adaptable with strong initiative to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of design competence with knowledge of building codes.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner verbally, in writing and in presentations.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Self-sufficient and collaborative.
- Strong knowledge of Revit, ACAD, Sketch-up and MS Office.
- Excellent organizational skills; process-oriented with ability to follow through to project close-out.
- Sound work ethic and the highest level of integrity; ability to handle highly confidential matters with discretion.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- 5+ years minimum of relevant experience as a Project Manager for Interior Design projects.
- CIDQ or NCIDQ certification preferred.
- Accredited professional degree in Interior Design
- Healthcare, Commercial and Civic experience preferred.
- Commitment to their own professional growth.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without any restrictions or visa sponsorship.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Salary range: $90,000 to $110,000 depending on qualifications. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.