Young Huh Interior Design is a growing interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and hospitality interiors. We work hard and, as a team, strive to find joy in what we do each day. Named to the Elle Décor A List and AD100, we endeavor to bring excellence and beauty to our clients’ homes and lives. www.younghuh.com
Roles and Responsibilities:
Point of contact with client’s consultants including engineers, expediters, contractors, and tradespeople, ensuring updated and accurate information is communicated in a timely manner.
Produce fully detailed construction documents including specification writing and detailed schedules, have knowledge of basic building code, demonstrate technical excellence.
Create drawings of custom millwork and custom furnishings, have knowledge of a range of styles in millwork design, produce shop drawings, have a strong design sense.
Responsible for construction administration, managing projects from start to finish, including site visits.
Effectively communicate to Interior Design team to update on progress and gather needed information to progress projects forward.
Mentor Junior drafting and design staff.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, strong documentation skills
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects concurrently
- Proven organizational skills both individual and for teams
- Well-versed in NY building codes and ADA compliance requirements
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and SketchUp
- Understanding of Trimble Connect, Revit, and VRAY a plus
- 5+ years experience working as a Project Manager or Interior Architect