Are you an architectural project manager who thrives in an imaginative and inventive environment? Do you flourish when part of a cohesive team where collaboration and ideas flow freely? Want to work for a firm taking concrete steps towards Equity & Diversity? We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Civic team in our Sacramento office. The Civic team works on various projects from: county, city, utilities, and public safety projects to courthouses and correctional institutions. We offer health benefits, competitive paid time off, 401(k) and eligibility for annual bonuses, and flexible hours including work-from-home and every other Friday off options.
An ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of project design and construction, as well as programming and planning. We are looking for a stellar individual who has a passion for the design process and project management who wants to be a part of a company that is looking to change the world, one project at a time. Sound like you?
As the Project Manager, you will…
- Play a key role in and actively participate in all phases of the project from the design through construction.
- Provide direction and produce accurate work as a part of a coordinated project team, including being a mentor to more junior staff.
- Develop solutions for complex design problems, including code compliance and agency interface.
- Provide technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Be responsible for the financial management of projects including the development and adherence to work plans, assisting the PIC with fee development, monitoring project financial status, developing mitigation plans when required, and managing monthly project financial tasks.
- Participate in construction administration for projects and work closely with the project leaders on issues affecting the budget, construction costs, scheduling, and legal/liability related issues.
- Assist project leaders in preparation of project management plans and attend project and staffing meetings.
- Exhibit strong time management and organizational skills.
- Effectively work with project leads to develop action plans, address and find solutions for project-related issues.
Project Manager – The Must-Haves (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years architectural project experience
- Highly proficient with AutoCAD and Revit software programs, MS Office Suite, Bluebeam
- Prior Experience with Civic projects
Project Manager – The Like-to-Haves (Not Required)
- California Architect license preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
Studies have shown that underrepresented individuals like women; LGBTQIA+; and BIPOC, among others, are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in a job description or posting. Because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization, we understand the best candidate may come from a non-traditional background to our field of work. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described above. Diversity makes us better.
Interested in joining us? Apply here!