JTC architects, inc. (JTC) was established in 1988 and was incorporated in 1995. Since inception, JTC has been committed to providing high quality architectural, interior design and project management services. Throughout the 30+ years of business, JTC has completed projects throughout Southern California to the satisfaction of our clients. With a proven track record of success, JTC is a very stable company with a staff of 18, including 5 registered architects. The turnover rate of the staff at JTC is extremely low. JTC has provided Architectural and Engineering Services for new buildings, maintenance, repair, and revitalization of existing facilities.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- 10+ years professional experience in an architectural office.
- Perform architectural site survey / field investigation and properly document existing conditions.
- Ability to lead an architectural project team (1-3 people) through close collaboration with the partners leadership.
- Prepare quality project proposals, meeting agendas, design schedules and preliminary cost estimates.
- Participate actively in project design, technical discussions and decision making.
- Monitor project schedule and workplan including schedule of meetings and presentations.
- Liaising directly with clients and end-users.
- Communicate actively in weekly meetings, issuing meeting minutes and accurate project record keeping and sharing project information and correspondence.
- Manage time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments.
- Directly train and mentor team members.
- Formulate and lead design presentations.
- Create and develop overall design concepts, schematic, design development, and construction documents through detail level.
- Preparation of construction documents and coordination with consultants.
- Lead construction administration duties and communicate/coordinate with general contractor:
- Attend on-site meetings
- Review and respond to RFIs & submittals
- Review and respond to submittals, including shop drawings, specifications and samples for conformance with the contract documents
- Strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills.
- Understanding of the California Building Code, disabled access and local agency requirements.
- Experience working and collaborating with consultants.
- Proficiency in CAD techniques and understanding of development of working drawings.
- Practical knowledge of construction, details and methods.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office and SketchUp.
- Experience in Revit, preferred but not required.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are willing to take on responsibility and grow with our team. Candidates must be self-motivated, reliable, detail-oriented, collaborative, and able to manage all aspects of a project.
For consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter (with salary requirements)and work samples in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line heading “Project Manager – Architect”. (10MB Limit)
Provide salary requirements and availability. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.