Selldorf Architects is an international architecture and interior design firm based in Union Square. The firm’s portfolio encompasses a wide range of projects from high-end residential to museums and galleries and at scales from new construction to historic renovation. The firm is currently seeking a Project Manager for full-time employment.
This is a senior professional architect responsible to deliver projects on time and on budget while maintaining design excellence and maximizing profitability and efficiency. Working closely with the Principal and Partners to develop the design, they lead and direct the work of the project team on a day-to-day basis through all phases. They manage multiple projects at one time. They are responsible for keeping the Principal and Partners informed of all critical project issues. They maintain excellent communication with the client or client representative as well as contractors and sub-consultants. They work collaboratively with the Principal and Partners and other Project Managers, maintaining a firm-wide perspective on resources. Actively contributes to business development efforts and activities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (OTHER MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Responsible for identifying design objectives and formulating options, in coordination with the Partner-in-charge, and ensuring that design objectives are met.
- Responsible for communicating issues that impact the design objectives to the Partners, client, team members, contractors, and consultants.
- Budget: Responsible for organizing staffing and project fee to ensure the financial health of the project
- Schedule: Responsible for setting forth the project design schedule and coordinating work priorities of the team, in collaboration with the Senior Project Architect or Project Architect, to ensure the schedule is met.
- Manages and supervises multiple projects and multiple teams effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring Owner requirements are met, including design, schedule and budget goals.
- Communicates regularly with the client and/or their representative. Ensures that regular weekly project updates are issued.
- Proactively and regularly communicates with the Principal and Partners on project issues
- Serves as role model and mentor to staff
- Supports office policies and strategic goals
SUMMARY OF TASKS: (OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Reviews project financial reports and budgets staffing hours; responsible for identifying additional services.
- Manages contractor arrangements and reviews contractor’s Applications for Payment
- Manages the design process and coordinates design meetings with the Owner to ensure the project design schedule is met; prepares meeting agendas.
- Manages the permitting and approvals process, and ensures all filings are submitted in coordination with the overall project schedule.
- Oversees the preparation and analysis of zoning and building regulations studies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture required.
- 12+ years architectural-related experience typical.
- Architectural License highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of construction materials, standards, and codes.
- REVIT and CAD proficiency desired.
- Ability to communicate via hand sketching expected.
- Previous supervisory and personnel management experience desired.
- Ability to effectively manage presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and precision and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, and commitment, setting an example for others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Occasional Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- Ability to meet clients on and off-site.
IN-OFFICE / REMOTE POLICY, BENEFITS, AND COMPENSATION
- Selldorf Architects has a hybrid in-office/remote policy from our New York City, Union Square location.
- Our base salary compensation for this position based on experience ranges from $115,000 to $150,000 in addition to a discretionary quarterly bonus.
- The firm offers comprehensive medical benefits, 401(k) match, paid vacation/personal time, and qualified parental leave.
Please send your resume/CV + portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager”