Walker Workshop is an award winning, Los Angeles based Architecture firm established in 2010 with the purpose of creating modern structures that are warmly minimal with careful considerations of light, space and the unique qualities of each project’s location. Our approach is also deeply rooted in craft and construction, with a rich awareness of the practical responsibility of making buildings. As a licensed General Contractor, we also frequently build the homes that we design. This ethos of creative ownership for all phases of the work, from initial concept followed through to project completion, permeates our culture.
We are currently seeking a project manager to join our team. This position requires notable past success in creating high quality architecture through all phases of design. Candidates should be strong team leaders with exceptional project management and communication skills. We are a Revit based office. Knowledge of Los Angeles codes and ordinances is a plus.
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture
- 6+ years of post-academic, professional office experience
- Passion for high-end residential architecture and construction
- Experience in custom residential design, especially in the Los Angeles region
- Strong familiarity with residential building code and zoning code regulations in the Los Angeles region
- Varied experiences with the compilation, drafting and coordination of permit and construction documents. Candidate will be asked to demonstrate proficiency with both the permit and construction drawing preparation process
- A highly efficient self-starter who can identify and solve both simple and complex problems while coordinating with project team
- High-end analytical and organizational skills
- A drive to constantly learn, improve and contribute to the evolution of this young, rising office
- Strong leadership, writing, verbal communication, and collaboration skills
- Previous experience managing team members, coordinating with consultants, and interactions with Clients
- Aptitude to adjust between concept design and construction document preparation
- In-depth experience with Revit in a professional office environment
- Currently a resident of Los Angeles
- Licensed Architect
- Demonstrated interest and experience in design-build residential projects
- 3+ years experience with construction administration, specific to residential construction
- In-depth experience with the following software: Revit, Enscape, Bluebeam, Microsoft Word & Excel, AutoCAD, and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.)
Please express interest via email@example.com and include the following:
- Single PDF document, not to exceed 8MB. Submittal must include: cover letter, resume, minimum of (3) references, and selected works with a minimum of (5) professional projects + (1) academic project
- Be prepared to submit your full portfolio and/or examples of construction drawings upon request
No phone calls please – due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are only able to contact applicants that we have an interest in.