Katz Architecture is a ten-person architecture and design firm recognized for innovative, thoughtful design, technical expertise and a great office culture. We are seeking an ambitious, energetic Project Manager with proven exterior restoration experience. We are looking for an inspired fast learner with a strong interest in construction, excellent communication skills and five to eight years of experience. This is a role with wide responsibility in a stimulating, fast paced, and fun office.
Katz Architecture specializes in restoration and design. Our projects include museums, full-building gut renovations, building expansions, mid-rise buildings, brownstones, apartments, high-end retail spaces, historic interiors and facades.
As a Project Manager at Katz Architecture you will:
- Run a variety of projects from initial investigation through construction completion
- Review exterior conditions and develop methods of restoration and repair
- Collaborate and coordinate with project consultants
- Produce detail sketches and develop complete construction drawing packages
- Guide and coordinate submissions to municipal agencies
- Research code and zoning regulations as required to develop design solutions
- Manage junior staff and track assignments
- Develop exterior facade and roofing details for new construction and restoration projects
- Produce field reports
- Obtain bids and level pricing
- Attend construction meetings, track progress and respond to field questions
Qualifications and Requirements
- Professional accredited degree in Architecture
- 5 to 8 years of continuous experience in the office of a registered architect
- Strong evidence of construction detailing experience
- Experience in all phases of work from schematic design through construction administration
- Experience coordinating multiple consultants
- Ability to analyze and resolve design and technical problems
- Advanced comfort and proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of design and construction team
- Strong writing ability
- Friendly, outgoing personality with exemplary verbal and written communication in English
- Must be legally able to work in the US
Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, transit, paid holidays, paid time off, summer hours and weekly happy hours. We also offer a 401k enrollment with profit sharing and annual bonus opportunities.
If interested and qualified, please provide a cover letter (with salary requirements), resume, work samples indicating your role and responsibilities for each project in a single pdf to email@example.com with the heading “KA Project Manager 06/21.” No calls please.