At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
- Seeks growing knowledge of agreements with clients including letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, and professional service agreements. Executes additional service agreements and gains authorization by phase.
- Supports Senior Project Manager to prepare, issue, and manage compliance plans to align project goals including budget, deliverables and schedule. Gains agreement with the senior team for labor allocation. Attends weekly team meetings to address variances from the project plan.
- Supports Senior Project Manager to administer internal control procedures with Project Accountant including billing, collections, percent complete, expense management, and year-end activities. Analyzes project reports and proactively manages the profitability of a project.
- Participates actively in project design and technical discussions and decision making.
- Communicates actively through weekly meetings, assisting with issuing meeting minutes and accurate project record keeping and sharing project information and correspondence.
- Supports owner/client relationship and expectations to allow SOM and team to work effectively, efficiently and collaboratively.
- Participates in new business and marketing efforts including responses to marketing requests and maintenance of firm relationships.
- Supports Senior Project Manager to initiate, monitor and maintain project schedule and work plan including schedule of meetings and presentations.
- Supports Senior Project Manager to schedule and lead internal team weekly project meetings; develop the meeting agenda and project status update.
- Supports Senior Project Manager to initiate, monitor and maintain project plan and financial performance of project.
- Supports Senior Project Manager to maintain SOM-Client Services Agreement, SOM Sub-Consultant Agreements and requests for additional services.
- Seeks to monitor scope for contract compliance and potential additional services.
- Effective at communicating and promoting the work of the firm.
- Exhibits initiative, process innovation, problem solving, and decision quality with a high attention to precision and accuracy at a project level.
- Actively collaborates at a project, consultant team, and client team level by critically and constructively evaluating ideas. Contributes to and actively participates within the studio and office.
- Effectively communicates internally with project teams and externally with consultants and clients through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual means.
- Inspires and leads others by example, participates in staff mentoring and training, clearly defines team member expectations and responsibilities, empowers others, and delegates where appropriate based on team members’ recognized abilities and potential.
- Inspires and leads others by example, participates in staff mentoring and training, clearly defines team member expectations and responsibilities, empowers others, and delegates where
- appropriate based on team members’ recognized abilities and potential.
- In collaboration with team members, contributes to a clear and consistent work plan to achieve the project budget, deliverables, and schedule.
- Actively engages in internal professional development opportunities.
- Contributes to the implementation of sustainable strategies in all project assignments and the associated development of staff knowledge.
- Contributes to the development of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Protects SOM from financial and legal risk.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Professional licensure process is close to completion; LEED accreditation preferred.
- Completion of a professional degree in Architecture or a related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands and is conversant in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, parametric and rendering software, and other graphic software.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Adobe Suite.
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision, Salesforce, Smartsheets
Are you ready to join a team of creative professionals working on transformational projects around the world? Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to build a better future with SOM.
Health and Wellness: Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life & accident insurance
Savings: 401K matching, pre-tax spending accounts, and employee discount programs
Work/Life Balance: Hybrid/Flexible schedules, paid family leave, paid vacation, backup child and elder care, and an employee assistance program
Professional Development: Reimbursement for professional licenses, associated renewals, and exam fees as well as specialized in-house career development
Compensation for this role is based upon experience, qualifications, location, and education and typically ranges from $80,000 to $95,000.
Please submit your application through the link below:
Our creative, interdisciplinary teams work like small, dynamic studios, with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. Here, you’ll collaborate with industry experts on some of the most exciting and transformative architecture, engineering, and planning projects in the world.
We believe an inclusive environment improves our teams, our firm, and our communities and are passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our DEI Action Plan was created to bring meaningful change to our profession, starting with our own culture and practices.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM’s employment policy as well as additional information such as a privacy notice for California residents and how to apply offline.
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.