Peterson Rich Office is an architecture and design studio specializing in cultural and public work. The firm has been awarded the “New Practice New York” prize by the American Institute of Architects, Arch Record’s “Design Vanguard”, and were recognized as Architectural League’s 2020 “Emerging Voices.” In 2020, Miriam Peterson and Nathan Rich became the JM Kaplan Chairs in Urban Design at the Regional Plan Association, where they developed scalable solutions and design strategies for modernizing NYCHA campuses to improve living conditions for residents. This work is currently highlighted in a show at the Museum of Modern Art. Peterson Rich Office is currently working on cultural, residential, and commercial projects in New York, Connecticut, Michigan, Washington, California, and London.
Peterson Rich Office is seeking a Project Manager with design documentation, coordination and construction administration experience to oversee a team of junior staff on cultural projects. An ideal candidate would have a minimum of 8 years of experience in design, BIM project team leadership, and a deep understanding of construction. Our studio designs a variety of institutional, retail/commercial, residential, and exhibition spaces domestically and internationally. Our employees are expected to contribute to the creative process and idea-making at all stages of design. We value curiosity, open-mindedness, and thoughtful interactions. Proficiency in Revit is a must.
Position Requirements + Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 8-15 years of experience
- Experience and ability to independently shepherd a project team through concept design, construction documentation and construction coordination:
- Possess strong organizational and team leadership skills
- Possess a strong conceptual design sensibility with the ability to direct junior team members through design studies in support of master planning and concept design phases.
- Ability to direct team members through design studies in support of Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Ability to put together a thorough set of Construction Documents without supervision.
- Experience leading large project teams, including associate architects, historic preservation interest groups, land-use attorneys, fabricators, expediters/filing representatives, MEP and structural engineers.
- Must be able to interface directly with clients and to prepare clear and organized design presentations; experience with institutional clients is a plus.
- A sensitivity to existing conditions and a deep understanding of workflow for adaptive re-use is a must – ability to retain spatial associations at high degree of detail, and analyze concepts relative to feasibility in given conditions.
- Experience working in existing, historic buildings is a plus.
- Retail experience is a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of NYC zoning resolution, building codes, and typical building systems, and ability to independently research or coordinate solutions.
- Proficiency in Revit including developing/managing BIM related content and Revit Templates, Coordinating BIM models with consultants, and creating BIM related standards.
- Residency in the New York area with full time, in-person employment in our office in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include company contribution to health benefits, PTO, 401(k) plan plus company matching contributions. Professional development support.
Please respond only if you meet the minimum qualifications. Email your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include “PM_(Your name)_(years of experience)” in the subject line.