Douglas Wright Architects seeks highly motivated Architects with 5 to 7 years experience for a full time position. In addition to full-time salary commensurate with experience, the position offers benefits including health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, pre-tax transit, holidays, PTO, summer fridays, and educational discounts among others.
For the positions offered, we would look for the following:
- 5 to 7 years experience; candidates with less experience will not be considered
- Project management experience (budgets, schedules, communications with clients and consultants, document management from design through construction documents, document production and Construction Administration)
- Experience with high-end residential work (apartments, townhouses, and/or single family homes)
- Experience working with teams of 2 or more architects
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Good communication skills with other architects, contractors, consultants and experience coordinating teams
- Multi-tasking/time management skills: the ability to work on several projects at the same time in either a management or production role.
- Graduate level degree from a school with courses in the history of architecture and traditional design methods.
- Residency in the New York area with full time, in-person employment in our office
The position requires fluency in AutoCAD. High proficiency or the ability to manage designers in Adobe Creative Suite programs, Photoshop, In Design, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Knowlege of Google SketchUp and Revit would be highly regarded though not required.
Refined skills in the following are preferred, though not required:
- Freehand drawing and design ability, hand drafting
- Rendering skills in watercolor, marker, pencil or other media
This position is offered as a career track with much room for advancement. Excellent performance would be recognized and rewarded with greater responsibilities and compensation.
All interested applicants should include a cover letter stating your interest in the position, your resume and experience, including your role and responsibilities on projects (design, drafting, redlines, coordination, and project types in which you have experience ) and salary requirements.
Please also include a sample of your graphic skills. Submissions of graphic work through the Archinect app center should be under 2Mb. Larger attachments will not be accepted. An applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
Please apply for this position through Archinect. Please do not email the office directly, as these inquiries will not be read.
Douglas Wright Architects is a full service firm working on a wide range of project types:
- High-end residential – houses, town houses and apartments
- Large scale residential estates
- Master planning for clubs, resorts, and other institutions
- Restorations and renovations
- Country clubs
- Institutional buildings
- Commercial projects
Please see our website: https://dcwarchitects.com/ for an overview of the firm’s projects, design philosophy and work approach, and biography, and to consider if you would be interested in applying for the positions.
Our health insurance plan can be joined after three months employment with the firm. After six months of employment, DCWA will pay for half of the cost of health insurance for the individual employee. The remainder of premiums for the individual or family are paid by the employee pre-tax through DCW Architects at our group rate. You would be an “at will” employee. Position could start immediately.