Henson Architecture is an award winning Architecture firm specializing in preservation, restoration, energy retrofits, Passive House, and adaptive reuse of historic buildings with a diverse portfolio of work in and around New York City.
Our approach embodies a sensitivity to the history of existing structures while considering present-day needs. We aim to ensure that these historic buildings remain an active and functional part of our urban fabric, while ensuring compliance and optimal operations with an eye to the future.
We are seeking a Project Manager with at least 5 years of direct, relevant experience with an aptitude for problem solving and the desire for a leadership role in a dynamic, collaborative work environment. Primary responsibilities include daily management, coordination and successful completion of sustainable preservation, restoration, and adaptive reuse projects to meet time and cost objectives. The candidate must be well versed in all facets of building envelope design and construction.
To be considered, the preferred candidate should have demonstrated abilities to:
- Develop design concepts through construction documents.
- Conduct contractor bid solicitations and reviews.
- Perform contract administration and construction management services.
- Create and maintain project schedules, administer change orders, review payment applications and oversee completion of project close-out.
- Develop and actively monitor project budgets to help ensure profitability, and maintain client relationships.
- Work efficiently on multiple projects, both independently and with team members.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with team members, consultants and clients.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organization and leadership skills, as well as ability to train others and monitor their work for quality and completeness.
- Continue advancement of personal and firm’s technical skills and depth.
- Identify new work opportunities and pursue potential projects with new or current clients.
- Participate in proposal development and business development activities.
The preferred candidate will be a Registered Architect or on track to complete their registration.
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering and three years of relevant FISP inspection experience, five years of relevant FISP inspection experience.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture required, Masters Degree in Historic Preservation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing and administering Preservation and Restoration projects.
- Experience with New York City Building Codes and Zoning Regulations.
- Experience coordinating NYC Department of Buildings and Landmarks Preservation Commission filings.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite programs, Rhino and rendering programs.
- Certified Passive House Designer preferred but not required.
- Hands on construction experience a plus.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
Henson Architecture offers a competitive compensation, a hybrid schedule and comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) retirement plan with company match, health insurance, dental/vision coverage with life insurance, annual bonus, PTO and assistance with excellent professional development programs.
We hire carefully for the long term. Compensation commensurate with skills, background, and experience, with an estimated range of $75k – $110k per year.
We’re seeking individuals who thrive in a team-oriented environment. A spirit of collaboration is encouraged as we share projects, confront challenges and celebrate triumphs. Professional development in architectural, preservation and sustainable design professional groups is encouraged, as is public service and office-sanctioned field trips. We encourage open communication and the camaraderie that develops when sharing design initiatives and socially responsible activities.
Please fill out the form below AND email to email@example.com. Include a resume, cover letter and selected work samples (under 8mb). Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to present their full portfolios and references.