The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of the project and is the day-to-day contact person for the client. The Project Manager is also responsible for directing and mentoring employees. This position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and team building skills.
- Responsible for meeting the overall project schedule, fee, and construction budget.
- Organize the project team and direct work to DES in-house disciplines and outside consultants in an effective manner.
- Establish and monitor work plan, project budget and profitability.
- Lead and document internal and external meetings.
- Assist the Project Executive with preparation and execution of all contracts and agreements.
- Develop project proposals, execution plans and fees in conjunction with the Project Executive.
- Participate in marketing interviews and presentations.
- Develop new and nurture existing clients.
- Assure a positive teamwork atmosphere and assist in supporting the development and retention of employees including training/development/mentoring.
- Minimum ten years of experience as a Project Manager leading complex, large scale, ground-up technology, life science, and campus building projects
- Recent experience as a Project Manager (within the past 5 years) with life-safety, high-rise buildings
- Proven ability to function in all phases of the project development from schematic design through project closeout
- Knowledge of technical design and documentation of office buildings
- Proficiency in California Building Codes and agency requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office programs
- Technical knowledge and ability to lead complex problem-solving processes
- Utilize network in marketing efforts and business development
- Involvement in industry thought leadership
- Ability to be client focused, and make connections with clients to build long-term relationships
- Ability to coordinate and lead the proposal writing process
- Ability to develop, mentor, and manage a team effectively while producing quantifiable results
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to multiple schedules and deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal, listening and written, including client presentation skills
- Architectural License, State of California, strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, or a related field
Together, we design places that inspire people to learn, to cure, to heal to connect to community, to change the world and to dream…won’t you join us?
DES Architects + Engineers has designed working, learning, and healing environments for our clients for 45 years. As a full-service design firm with offices in Redwood City and San Francisco we provide creative and sustainable solutions that serve the needs of life science, technology, healthcare, education, and development communities.
DES is committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. In addition to offering competitive salaries and bonuses, we provide 100% company-paid employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as short and long-term disability benefits. The company offers a robust 401k plan with a generous company match and profit sharing. We offer a collaborative, friendly fun environment for our employees to thrive in, while offering a multitude of creative perks that you will be sure to appreciate.
We welcome, recognize, celebrate and encourage diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Our teams are comprised of people with experiences from diverse backgrounds which helps us gain a fresh perspective while challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Please apply at the following link: