Kamen Tall Architects is looking for a candidate with two to five years’ experience in facade restoration, historic preservation, FISP work, adaptive reuse, general restoration and traditional design. Our projects involve buildings in New York City and Westchester County, NY and many are historically significant. The successful candidate will report directly to Senior Project Managers and work with Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Technical Staff.
The position requires field work and extensive construction administration and inspection experience. Excellent drawing and detailing skills will be required. In addition, the position requires report generation, drawing/detailing review, and project management skills. The applicant will be expected to perform scaffold inspections on certain projects. Direct client interaction will also be expected.
Kamen Tall Architects is a highly motivated professional team. We offer a generous paid time off policy, healthcare coverage, dental coverage, a 401k match, and remote work options for full-time employees We work in a supportive studio environment and are accommodating to the individual needs of each employee. KTA is dedicated to supporting professionals in their career advancement goals. KTA’s office is currently functioning remotely apart from site visits that are primarily outdoors.
Immediate availability is preferred.
We are interested in candidates with a professional degree in architecture or extensive experience in a relevant field such as engineering or construction administration.
- BArch, MArch, or equivalent degree from an accredited U.S. Architecture School is a plus.
- Talent and passion for restoration and adaptive reuse projects.
- Suitable applicants must be highly knowledgeable about restoration and facade repair work.
- Certified or willing to become certified to perform scaffold inspections.
- Responsive and dependable to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop construction documents based on field exploration and interact directly with clients.
- Experience with NYC DOB, LPC, and other regulatory agency filings is preferred.
- Ability to develop details and think critically to solve unforeseen field conditions.
- Ability to adapt easily to changes in project needs.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skill.
- Self-motivated and high energy.
- Display enthusiasm for working with our team.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting and adapt to office standards.
- Excellent drawing and sketching skills required.
- Fluency in AutoCAD is required, fluency in Revit is a plus.
- Ability to use construction administration software such as PlanGrid is preferred.
- Ability to use (SketchUp, Rhino, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) is preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States. All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio/work samples in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject title “PROJECT MANAGER”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.