JOB DESCRIPTION: A4E is a busy, creative design firm seeking a motivated Project Designer with 8+ years of related experience in an architecture office. Experience in school design and with DSA is a plus. We can offer the right person a great opportunity to design, manage, and lead in a firm that strives for design excellence.
ABOUT: A4E is a small yet growing practice, staffed by 14 architects, designers, and support personnel. Education is our passion and 100% of our business. We endeavor to make a lasting contribution to learning through the design of innovative learning environments. As a studio-sized firm, there are many opportunities for you to lead; for you to be involved with all aspects of the architectural process and for you to help us cultivate the culture of the firm.
POSITION OPPORTUNITIES: We are seeking a talented individual with the ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively with the Project Architects and Principals. The position also involves the opportunity to lead the design team, coordinate with outside consultants and work closely with clients throughout the project. Strong graphic, organizational, and communication skills are essential. You will champion and maintain the design integrity, quality, and intent of the project from beginning to end of construction.
- Responsible for drafting, 3D rendering, visualization, and general project support, with strong graphic background and presentation drawing production
- Helps shape the design vision, and is responsible for conceptual design leadership
- Coordinates site planning, interior design, and work of consulting engineers including checking design documents and resolving conflicts between the various building systems and disciplines
- Assumes responsibility for specific aspects of design development or detailing as delegated by PA.
- Supports the PA in administering construction phase services, including review of submittals & RFIs related to design scope.
SOFTWARE PROFICIENCIES: Skilled in space planning, massing, and concept/thematic development. Strong Revit skills are required; knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering software.
BENEFITS: A4E is a Women-Owned Small Business offering a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, Aflac, employee-owned profit sharing, paid holidays, vacation, and paid time off.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Critical thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators please send your cover letter, resume and link to an online portfolio with “A4E Project Designer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
To be considered for this position, you must be a U.S. Citizen/Permanent Resident or be authorized to work in the United States. Eligible applicants must have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture/Design. This position is available for immediate hire.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
A4E is an Equal Opportunity Employer