Abramson Architects is a passionate team of 40 creatives (and growing) with offices in Los Angeles and in San Diego. We are hiring for both locations. We value individual contributions and team-based collaboration. We foster a positive work-life balance for our staff while seeking to enhance the diversity of our firm and the broader AEC community.
Project Designer II
We are currently searching for a passionate Project Designer II with at least 3 years of experience.
For this position, we require a candidate with a Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Architecture and 3 years of employment within an architectural office. Potential Designers should be fluent in REVIT and possess an understanding of what it takes to create quality construction documents. The selected candidate will receive mentorship and training from the senior staff and leadership groups, as needed.
Additional requirements include the ability to:
- Collaborate with peers, senior staff, firm leadership, and trade partner representatives
- Understand creative direction and bring your own strong architectural sensibilities
- Take design drawings into construction documents (with guidance by the project manager)
- City permitting (with guidance by the project manager)
As part of our commitment to equitable personal and professional development, we focus on supporting your goals, creating balance, and promoting wellness:
Supporting Your Goals:
- Bonus for newly licensed architects (Up to $1,000)
- 100% reimbursement for AIA yearly dues and California State Architectural Licensure biennial dues
- Options to participate in internal working groups, such as the Events or DEI Committees
- Company sponsorship of creative competitions and volunteer organizations
- Internal opportunities to gain AIA continuing education credit
- Hybrid in-person/remote working arrangement
- A firm-wide diversity and inclusion program
- Virtual and in-person social events with your teammates
- End-of-year office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Medical insurance
- Pre-tax plans for healthcare and dependent care savings
- 401(k) employee savings plan with a 3% company contribution
Please submit a resume, portfolio of your design work (not to exceed 20mb), two contacts recommendations, and cover letter stating why you are interested in joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Designer II” in the subject line.
$60,000 – $80,000
SD Office: Mission Valley East, San Deigo 92108
LA Office: 5171 W Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016