Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated, reliable Project Designer to join our team. The Project Designer’s primary role is to provide design and production support to Project Architects and Managers to meet scheduled deadlines with minimal supervision. On complex projects, Project Designer may lead a team of Designers. Project Designer reports to Project Architects on assigned projects and is supervised by Managers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Research and gather information for:
- As-built drawings, reports, or other pertinent documents for projects.
- Assist Project Architects and Managers with collecting data for zoning, building code, building materials, regulations, etc.
- Review contract requirements with Project Architects to understand the deliverables under each contract phases.
- Produce necessary plans and graphic documents at every contract phase. The documents may include construction documents, diagrams, presentation materials, studies, etc.
- Revise documents per markups by Project Architects and Managers. The revised documents should be reviewed and backchecked.
- Compile submission packages per the contract requirements.
- Prepare permit packages per the appropriate AHJ requirements.
- Prepare bid packages per the contract requirements.
- Review and file construction Request for Information (RFI) and submittals.
- Conduct site visits. Prepare necessary documents for use in the field as directed by the Project Architects.
- Compile and file closeout documents per the contract requirements.
- Other miscellaneous duties:
- Prepare miscellaneous documents such as meeting agenda, sign-in sheet, etc as requested.
- Attend project and office meetings as requested.
- Prepare meeting minutes as requested. Submit to the Project Lead for review prior to distributing.
- Other assigned tasks as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an architectural firm preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to communicate through freehand sketching and illustration.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong work ethic.
Please apply online at: www.bowersandkubota.com