Otherworks is a small office in Chinatown, Los Angeles, looking for a well-rounded individual with 3-5 years of work experience to join our team as a full-time project designer. Our current projects vary in type and scale and include commercial offices, single-family residences, and mixed-use developments located in Los Angeles, Malibu, San Francisco, San Diego, and Seattle.
For more information, see our website: ow-office.com
Interviews will be conducted remotely, and our team is currently working from home. We will resume working in an office once circumstances allow us to do so safely.
As a project designer, you will be working under the direction of the office principals and senior project designers on multiple projects from design to execution. You’ll be developing projects through modelling and documentation, interpreting code, coordinating consultant work, and managing the day-to-day tasks of junior team members.
Interested applicants should have a strong design aesthetic and well-rounded skillset, be highly motivated, and be able to work independently and collaboratively.
Skills and Qualifications
- Professional Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years post-graduation experience, with familiarity of all design and documentation phases
- Proficiency in Rhino, AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop required
- Experience in Revit, V-Ray, Grasshopper, and Lumion a plus
- Experience in commercial projects a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Ability to communicate within a team, with clients, and with consultants
Compensation will be competitive, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Otherworks offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
How to Apply
Please email one PDF, no larger than 10 MB, containing a cover letter, resume, and selected work to: email@example.com with the subject Name / Project Designer / Archinect.
No calls to the office, please.