We are BAMO
creative expression | award-winning design
travel | international destinations
multi-cultural exposure | innovative clients
mentorship | renowned leaders
inspiring and fulfilling work | balanced, diverse, and supportive culture
A collective of interior designers, we create captivating environments that flow, function, and make people feel welcome, at ease, and inspired. From a resort in Bora Bora to a high-rise in Miami, a beach house in California to a villa in Italy, we create true havens: places apart from the everyday.
Just like our designs, no two designers are the same; every voice brings a richness of experience and perspective, and an impassioned view of life. We are looking to welcome a new voice to our talented team of architects and designers, artists and experts. Join us as we create meaningful narratives, and design authentic spaces that speak to the senses.
Job Title: Project Designer
Seeking candidates with an innate sense of style. Love of furnishings and architecture. Skilled understanding of materials, details, and construction. Explorer of proportion, form, and function.
As a Project Designer, you will work alongside the Design Leads to research and explore, setting the mood and directing the design vocabulary through spatial layouts, details, materials, lighting and furniture. To take a project from concept to completion, you will draw on your expertise in space planning, design development, furnishing selections, and construction documents. You will hone your leadership experience through client interactions and the mentorship of junior team members. Along with the Project Manager, you will lead the day-to-day management of the design team, client contact and consultant interface. You will grow your craft alongside the firm’s Principals and Associates while working on a variety of high-end projects.
What you can expect in a Project Designer Role at BAMO:
- Working with the Design Principal, lead the project team in the design process and in the production of interior architectural design documents on a variety of project types including hotel, restaurant, spa, residential
- Be the driving force behind the design and the teams on each project
- Understand and lead all components of projects (i.e. budgets, FF&E, interior architecture, team management and motivation)
- Guide the interior architecture and FF&E designers and help them conceptualize the project vision
- Depending on the applicant’s qualifications, lead or assist the project team in the design/selection of furnishings and in the production of furnishings specifications for projects
- Lead the project team in producing presentation materials and in presenting designs to clients and other consultants
- Develop construction details for projects during the design development and construction document phases, and assist other staff in developing details.
- Lead the project team in conducting construction-phase activities including site visits, shop drawing review, sample and prototype review, requests for information
- Develop, business development skills and contacts in order to contribute to the firm’s marketing goals
- Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 10 years experience
- Experience required in:
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, in order to understand and coordinate the work of others, is required.
- Architectural license not required
- Must be team-oriented, articulate, flexible, highly productive, and able to deal successfully with clients, consultants, vendors, BAMO team members.
- Lead a team of processionals towards project goals
- Design of high-end interiors, preferably hospitality and/or residential projects
- Interior architectural detailing
- Organization and production of design development and construction documents
- Construction administration/ design control
- Design and specification of interior architectural finishes
- Coordination of interior architecture with other disciplines
- Desirable: experience in the selection, design and specification of furnishings
- Salary range: $115,000 – $125,000
- Health, dental vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid family leave
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
BAMO, Inc has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. New hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination (and booster if eligible) upon hire. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable otherwise qualified individuals who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a religious reason.