About Swift Lee Office (SLO)
SLO is a full-service architectural firm founded in 2000 with an extensive portfolio of complex civic, educational, residential, and industrial projects. We bring a spirit of inventiveness and ingenious problem solving through experimentation, hands-on making, fabrication, research, and a will to collaborate. Above all, we seek out projects that strengthen the social fabric of communities, and we are committed to being good stewards of the environment.
Our work environment is fast-paced with value placed on a work-life balance while maintaining a high level of rigor in the work. A close-knit collection of architects and designers, the small size of SLO utilizes a diverse group of talent in the office and reflects an atmosphere of family. The office culture is energetic, hands-on and allows individuals to bring ideas to the table while also taking ownership of a project.
Position: Project Designer
We have an immediate opening for a project designer with a strong design background and skills. Past experience in multifamily affordable housing, K-12 educational, and community-centered projects is a plus.
The ideal candidate is a motivated learner, a hardworking good team member, a strong communicator, and an enthusiastic champion of good sustainable design.
- 3+ years’ experience in all aspects of design
- Bachelor of Architecture or higher
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD a must
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Enscape
- VR, Grasshopper and hand-model making skills a plus
- 3D digital and printing software and fabrication
- Strong communication and writing skills
Salary, Benefits and Hiring Practices
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills. Paid vacation, holidays, 401K, and health/dental/vision insurance are also offered. We support and advocate for diversity and equal representation in all aspects of our practice, in our hiring decisions, and in the field of architecture at large.
- Applicants must be lawfully entitled to work in the US. SLO is not able to sponsor those seeking an H1B visa. Please describe your work status to work legally in the US, including visa type and duration if applicable.
- Local candidates ONLY
- Must be able to start immediately
- Full-time position
- Please no phone calls or drop-offs
- Letter of interest
- Resume with references
- Work samples
- Submit the above in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Heading: Project Designer July 2023