Studio Egret West is looking for an experienced project delivery architect to join its practice in Clerkenwell, London.
Studio Egret West is an award-winning multidisciplinary practice of 80 architects, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, model makers and filmmakers working on a range of mixed use, place-making projects, based in Clerkenwell, London.
We have an expanding portfolio of UK and European projects and require a project delivery architect. The development is based in the UK and comprises of a high density modular student accommodation, so having delivered similar projects would be advantageous. Ideally, you will have intermediate to proficient knowledge of Revit and have excellent detailing skills.
You will be responsible for the design and technical development of projects, day-to-day design decisions, project management and coordination and ensuring compliance with best practice design standards and statutory regulations. At various points you will either be responsible for leading a project, managing a complex package of work or offering a specific area of skill or expertise across several projects.
You will gain further confidence from being alongside a studio of creative individuals who are dynamic in their approach. Uniquely positioned you can expect to work on projects of all scales including urban design as well as architecture.
We offer a collaborative working environment, with the opportunity to develop your own knowledge and that of other disciplines within the studio. We will actively support your professional development, including the pursuit of qualifications.
- experience in running large-scale (over £25m) complex residential high risk buildings, PBSA student accommodation and mixed-use projects
- experience in working on detailed design and construction stages (3 and 4, 5 and 6)
- construction site experience, including observation and inspection roles
- the ability to coordinate packages and produce detailed construction information
- comprehensive understanding of construction legislation including the Building Safety Act 2022 and Building Regulation 2023 amendments
- experience as both client side quality review architect, and contractor side delivery architect
- excellent communication and coordination skills, including the ability to sketch/develop designs on paper, as well as digitally
- knowledge of MicroStation and Adobe Suite skills
- good knowledge of Revit is a must
- fluency in English
- relevant permit for working in the UK
Studio Egret West is a very sociable and inclusive place to work, and we offer a host of benefits including weekly yoga classes, social sporting events, regional and international studio trips and an enhanced pension scheme.
We have recently become an EOT and operate a very inclusive culture, putting people at the centre of decision-making, and offer an annual tax-free bonus to all employees.
To apply, please email your CV with examples of your work, no more than ten pages, together with your salary expectations, via the apply for job button below.
Studio Egret West is an equal opportunities employer.