AB design studio is an award-winning architecture, interior design and planning firm based in Southern California. Our Santa Barbara and Los Angeles studios are seeking to hire new team members. We thrive on creativity and thoughtful, sometimes provocative, design solutions for clients.
Our Purpose : INSPIRE | CREATE | IMPACT
Our Niche : Signature design for those who want more than just a building!
AB design studio inc, is seeking ambitious, talented people to join our dynamic studio environment. We are hiring for a variety of positions in our Studios located in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.
The position of Project Captain includes responsibility for all aspects of project delivery including client interaction, design, production of plans/specifications, quality control, consultant coordination and construction administration along with maintaining project budgets, managing architectural staff and maintaining deadline schedules. Applicants should have a minimum level of 6-8 years experience. Proficiency in Design Skills, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite are strongly preferred. Applicants should be prepared to show an ability to produce results in all aspects of project delivery including client interaction, design, production of plans/specifications and consultant coordination.
To Apply for this Position Follow these instructions:
All candidates interested in applying to AB design studio may submit their request electronically by Email to the email address listed below. Candidates shall submit a Selected Works Portfolio along with a Professional Resume & Reference List. Architectural + Interior Design studio candidates shall meet the following minimum requirements; candidates to hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or other Related Design Degree Program (with exception of intern applicants) and illustrate strong critical thinking, communication, graphic and organization skill sets. Candidates with qualitative and relevant experience will be given priority consideration.
All applications shall be transmitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
All candidates shall provide applications following these formatting requirements:
- Title the email subject line with your first and last name and the position you are applying to. Please also let us know if you are applying for a role in the Architecture and Planning department or the Interior Design Department.
- Provide a brief summary in the body of the email to introduce yourself and define your candidacy for the desired position on offer.
- Attach to the email the following:
- Provide a single page PDF formatted cover letter indicating the position being applied to along with any pertinent information necessary to define your candidacy for the desired position – please reference your experience level in terms of years worked in a relevant professional setting along with your current legal residency status along with your current location of residence.
- Provide a PDF formatted Selected Works Portfolio (We like to see Student Work & Professional Work).
- Provide a PDF formatted Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Be prepared to submit a PDF formatted Reference List.
- All PDF files provided shall be formatted and optimized for quality on-screen viewing on a standard personal computer.
- Emailed Applications with file attachments exceeding 25 MB may not be reviewed or considered.
Physical Studio/Office Locations:
- Santa Barbara Studio – 420 East Haley Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Los Angeles Studio – 12421 Venice Blvd., Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90066
If you are a current student, be careful when transmitting your school issued email address. Once you graduate from your school, the email will soon after be deleted from your university’s system. Provide an email address that we can use to contact you after your graduation date. Please also be sure to provide a telephone number that you can be reached at.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.