Tom Wiscombe Architecture (TWA) is an internationally recognized architecture practice known for its powerful massing, alluring graphic qualities, and tectonic inventiveness. We specialize in civic, entertainment, cultural, and high-end residential design, and we are known for our radical integration of ecological thinking and technology into our work.
Located in the American Cement Building at the edge of downtown Los Angeles, our office is a unique indoor-outdoor workplace with an engaging creative and intellectual environment.
We are seeking a Project Architect with a minimum of 7 years post-graduation experience, including prior experience as a PM or PA, in a design- and innovation-driven office for several iconic cultural buildings with international clients as well as a variety of other complex, form-driven projects. You bring:
- Ambition, passion, and leadership qualities
- Strong Rhino skills
- Production experience in REVIT- at least 3 years of office experience is required.
- Ability to draw and organize complex buildings in legible and thoughtful plans and sections
- Ability to lead a team of technical designers and mentor younger architects
- Ability to manage and coordinate external consultants and integrate requirements such as program, structure, circulation, envelope, and FLS into comprehensive building designs.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally for work
- Preexisting authorization to work in the USA
Your role would be to collaborate directly with the Principal on some of the world’s most audacious and intriguing projects and manage an energetic and talented design team. We highly value creativity, a good eye, a love of architecture, a desire for professional growth, and the ability to work well with others. Professional licensure is not required.
Starting salary commensurate with experience. We offer health, dental, and vision benefits, an IRA retirement savings plan with employer matching, paid time off, and paid sick leave.
TWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants for employment are recruited, hired, and assigned based on merit without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
Please send your CV, project portfolio (15MB max .pdf file), and a cover letter (indicating availability) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be considered for the position you must live locally or have plans to relocate, and you must be authorized to work in the USA. No phone calls please; email only.