JAM is seeking a Project Architect with 4-7+ years of post-graduate work experience in high-end residential architecture.
We are a multidisciplinary firm based in DUMBO, Brooklyn with current work throughout New York City, the Hamptons, Hudson Valley, and New England. Our mission is to provide clients with a radically thoughtful design experience, emphasizing longevity and visual harmony.
Our residential renovations keep the best of what’s old and thoughtfully introduce the new. Our new homes are deeply rooted to the existing landscape through a strong connection between materiality and site.
We envision a world where every person gets to experience and be nurtured by the benefits of good design. Even minor decisions can have major consequences on human lives. We aim to consider the wider impacts our decisions have on humans, the environment, and communities.
We are looking for a Project Architect who shares our passion for residential work and is looking for long-term career growth. We have several new projects that need a motivated and self-starting architect to work directly with the firm Principals on all phases of design and construction.
Responsibilities would include:
- Manage residential projects in various project phases from schematic design through construction close out
- Attend client meetings and site visits and record meeting minutes
- Oversee and delegate tasks to junior architectural staff
- Create and manage project schedules and internal deadlines
- Prepare and collaborate on client presentations
- Source and present architectural finishes, appliances, plumbing fixtures, hardware, and architectural lighting
- Design custom millwork
- Oversee and/or generate architectural plans and construction documents, details and specifications for a variety of residential construction types
- Oversee and participate in field measuring and documentation of existing conditions including precise measurements of existing moldings and profiles when necessary
- Coordinate with expeditor/code consultant regarding permit drawings and paperwork from initial submission through project close out
- Request proposals and oversee coordination of all consultant drawings and specifications (Engineers, Consultants, Vendors)
- Lead construction administration
An ideal candidate for JAM:
- Thrives in a small-firm environment with a laid-back atmosphere and an intense focus on the firm’s commitments, goals and aesthetics
- Enjoys being a people person and embraces direct client and contractor interaction
- Fosters strong relationships throughout the project life cycle
- Strives to connect all the dots to create drawings and presentations that are clear, concise, and beautiful
- Understands the overall structure of a project’s critical path schedule and major milestones, and is able to self-start and push a project forward with minimal direction
- Revels in the details but knows when to use broad brush strokes
- Can work independently but also enjoys overseeing junior staff
- Highly organized, likes to multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Has a genuine love for design and sourcing sustainable products
- Likes to think of creative and unique solutions for design problems
- Knows their way around Spotify & Pandora – the office music is always on!
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- 4-7+ years of post-graduate work experience, high-end residential experience a plus
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Legally authorized to work in the US and fluent in English (written and spoken)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience; $75,000/yr – $95,000+/yr
- Performance-based bonus compensation
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with employer contribution
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Commuter benefits
Please submit one PDF document that includes your cover letter, resume, and portfolio/work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: JAM Project Architect 2023 – [Your Name].