Charlap Hyman & Herrero is currently looking for a project manager to join our team and help to build our practice in Los Angeles. Candidate must be able to take a large residential or small scale commercial project from start to finish autonomously, candidate must be highly organized and comfortable taking on various scale projects with various timelines at the same time. Candidate must be an excellent designer and interested in the arts.
Charlap Hyman & Herrero is a Los Angeles / New York-based architecture and design firm that takes a fully integrated approach to conceptualizing and executing spaces in their totality. Principals Adam Charlap Hyman and Andre Herrero, whose backgrounds are in interior design and architecture, lead a practice that considers all aspects of the built environment, from site plan to furniture. Working in various typologies – including buildings, set designs, stores and houses – CHH endeavors to consider divergent art forms and the experiences of multiple senses. They aim to create spaces that become worlds unto themselves, with gesamtkunstwerk at the core of the firm’s objective.
CHH’s principals have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s “30 Under 30” in its 2018 category for art and style, and the firm ranks among Architectural Digest’s “AD100,” PIN-UP Magazine’s “New Power Generation,” and AN Interior’s “Top 50.” CHH was selected to participate in the 2017 Chicago Architecture Biennial and won the annual competition hosted by the Miami Design District to design innovative holiday decorations for the neighborhood. In 2020, CHH was the recipient of the AIA Los Angeles Emerging Practice Award, the highest honor the organization bestows on an emerging architecture firm for consistently producing innovative work. CHH has collaborated on lines of fabrics, rugs, wallpapers, and other products with top furnishings companies and continues to expand their range.
- Have at least 4+ years of professional working experience
- Can run large residential and small commercial projects autonomously
- Be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Be an excellent critical thinker and problem solver
- Be professional and able to interface with clients
- Have strong design skills
- Revit – Extensive knowledge, residential and commercial drawing sets
- AutoCAD – Extensive knowledge, ability to create clean and organized drawing sets using company standards (MUST)
- Rhino3D – Ability to model 3D architecture models and furniture
- Adobe InDesign – Ability to create client quality presentations for print and screen
- Other software used:
- Bluebeam Revu
Please email a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org containing both your CV and Portfolio.
Please label the PDF as follows:
Date (YYYY-MM-DD) + _First_Last
Subject line of email:
Candidate Jane Smith