Kuth Ranieri Architects is a research-based design firm co-founded by Byron Kuth, FAIA, and Elizabeth Ranieri, FAIA, with offices in San Francisco and the Boston area. Their team of architects and cross-disciplinary designers has earned a national reputation for innovative works of architecture that integrate environmental awareness with contemporary approaches to design, technology, and craft.
We are currently searching for candidates who are interested in working on a variety of project types to join our vibrant studio culture, including public and mixed-use projects, multi-family and single family residential. We are seeking a project architect / project manager with 7+ years to be based in the Boston regional office. We are looking for an individual with strong leadership and excellent management skills, as well as strong design and graphic sensibilities.
Candidates for this position should be professional, flexible, self-motivated, articulate, amiable, and able to work with and direct a larger team. Massachusetts / California state licensures and LEED accreditation are preferred, but we are open to candidates that are on a pathway toward licensure / accreditation. The candidate should be experienced teaming on various complex project types as well as managing day-to-day operations within the context of a small office. Experience with projects in the State of Massachusetts is preferred, and specifically within the municipal, housing, aviation, retail, and transportation sectors. Experience with business development, contracts, and marketing is a plus. An advanced degree in architecture is preferred.
This position consists of the following core responsibilities but is not limited to them:
- Lead a design team, setting clear expectations and goals for project staff
- Manage and coordinate project consultants and maintain all project documentation
- Manage all phases of project delivery – Conceptual Design through Construction Administration and Programming
- Assist with proposals, RFPs and other marketing materials
- Perform project related research
- Coordinate project permitting process with local agencies
- Document projects using Autocad and Revit (Revit is a MUST)
- Successful candidates will possess:
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with Principals and team
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work directly with clients and multiple stakeholders
- Strong verbal, graphic, and written communication skills
- Strong creative design and problem solving at multiple scales
- Familiarity with: Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Bluebeam
- Willingness to work off-site with our JV partners
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday thru Friday