Job Title: Project Architect Level II
Reports to: Project Managers
Direct Reports: Emerging Designers, Technical Staff, Interns
GENERAL SCOPE AND SUMMARY
Studio Ma is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an impact role accountable for driving project development and documentation for Studio Ma’s architectural and planning clients. The ability to translate design ideas and concepts into design documentation coordinated with overall project technical and other requirements, and consultant disciplines is key. This person must be proficient at design documentation, detailing, code analysis, leadership, influencing across the project team, and able to communicate on an array of project concerns effectively and efficiently. As a core project team member, they will be front and center in developing design documents, reviewing consultant work, and driving overall project work plans.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Drive project document development based on in-depth understanding and analysis of design concept, project type, client, competition, code and technical requirements and details
- Provide expertise on approaches to documentation, client needs, and analysis
- Partner with project team members and subconsultants, generating elegant solutions to inform and support the design concept and project plan
- Manage project reviewers and interested parties on design submissions and execute projects through regulatory reviews to fulfill permitting requirements
- Define and scope key design questions, generate hypotheses, design studies/analysis, and generate options for reviews by principals and design lead
- Support monthly business performance assessments and review by firm directors and project stakeholders
- Actively look for opportunities to bring in innovation, learning, and best practices into team’s work
- Excel at agility, adapting team capabilities and resources to best meet the needs of internal and external demands, provide focus and direction to successfully navigate complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Possess the ability to engage with business and firm leadership with courage and the ability to challenge and persuade
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, self-driven, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, exceptional conflict management and negotiation skills, cross function collaboration skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and practical design solutions, and design documentation. Excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective way, through drawings and documentation.
- U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of professional experience in architecture with 3+ years experience in project design and documentation with demonstrated success in designing and delivering project documentation under demanding conditions
- Excellent design skills
- Code proficiency
- Knowledge of industry standards, constructability, and materials
- Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCAD
- Demonstration of capacity for strategic thinking plus strong analytical skills and a creative/innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence without authority
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills; ability to create simplicity from complexity, expressed through drawings
- Embrace our core values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Studio Ma
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered Architect
- Proficiency in SketchUp and Rhino
- Proficiency in Adobe CC
- Energy modeling skills
ABOUT STUDIO MA
We are architects committed to regenerative design and social equity who design beautiful, timeless buildings that provide a joyful connection to each other, nature, and place. We believe in the importance of beauty and the timeless value of sound construction, driven by the need to do better in a world experiencing an urgent climate crisis and social injustice. We are served by our core values of leadership through partnership, advocacy and value for all, and sustainability at any scale.
Life is more than a destination – we are concerned with the journey, and we care deeply about everyone contributing to, and benefiting from, our own company journey. This means helping people discover the right path for them and carefully guiding colleagues along the way. We draw inspiration from differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think. Our ability to understand, embrace, and operate in a multicultural world is critical to our long-term sustainability, both in our designs and our workforce.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com.