DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm practice of 100+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT ARCHITECT to join the Healthcare Team in our SAN DIEGO, CA office! Our ideal candidate is a licensed Architect in the state of California with substantial OSHPD experience. They should be fully competent in all conventional aspects of architecture, responsible for specific technical design aspects of assigned major projects, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meets the client’s needs.
- Provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of retrofit and ground-up complex healthcare projects
- Independently apply advanced architectural concepts and designs
- Provide programming documents, space plans and preliminary designs
- Fully understand and ensure compliance with state and federal codes regarding healthcare projects
- Carry out complex novel assignments, requiring the development of new improved techniques and procedures
- Prepare and/or review construction documents, details and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Write reports and specifications, as requested
- may provide technical guidance to less experiences staff and can redline others’ work
- May direct, coordinate and oversee production of project design, construction documents and/or construction administration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of OSHPD electronic processes
- Familiar with interface with OSHPD through design and construction
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Self-confident; tenacious while maintaining positive working relationships with clients, outside consultants, and technical staff
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Strong skills and talent in Revit/BIM and AutoCAD; SketchUp modeling and Adobe Design Suite experience preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Registered Architect in the state of California required
- 5+ years’ OSHPD experience within the past eight years
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Experience with Design-Build delivery method; DBIA certified preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in pre-tax Flexible Spending plans for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
FOR DAHLIN WEBSITE:
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
FOR EXTERNAL WEBSITES/JOB BOARDS:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
Non-local candidates will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on business needs. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify