We are searching for a creative and pro-active Architect and/or Architectural Designer /Technician with a commitment to equitable, restorative, and sustainable design. We seek an architect who loves designing renovations and additions, as well as new construction projects; someone who will thrive in a collaborative team environment and has a solid knowledge of construction detailing. Effective communication is essential. Candidates should have at least four years of experience producing quality designs, detailed construction documents, and developing projects through all phases of design.
We are a nine-person, locally owned architecture firm in Asheville, NC. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing a Letter of Interest, Work Samples/Portfolio, Resume, and References. Visit our website legertonarchitecture.com to find out more about our work.
Legerton Architecture’s office is located in a historic home with a large front porch, views of the surrounding mountains, and within walking distance to downtown, and other Asheville amenities.
Our mission is to create contextually sensitive, sustainable, quality designs and our values are listening carefully, improving communities, and conducting business recognizing that people and place matter. We have a proven record of twenty-eight years as a responsive, successful architectural firm in Asheville, with an excellent reputation among clients, consultants, contractors, and in the community.
- Solid working knowledge of Revit, Sketch-up, AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in residential, civic, educational, commercial, and other community-based projects.
- Strong design and construction document experience.
- Commitment to sustainability and equity – LEED AP BD+C and/or WELL AP (preferred or in process).
- Organized and detailed, thorough, and careful.
- Professional bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Licensed Architect and/or experienced architectural interns working towards licensure.
INTERESTED? We offer competitive benefits, compensation, a 401(k) plan, and growth opportunities.
We will not be accepting resumes from executive recruiters or agencies.
Legerton Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirm values of diversity, equity, and inclusion with regard to race, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, political or religious affiliation, and health status.