PROJECT ARCHITECT/ CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Eric Rosen Architects is a creative architecture, interior design and construction management practice in Culver City, CA providing innovative solutions to both commercial and residential projects. Since its inception in 1992, the firm has focused on creative projects demanding a strong design sensibility and an attention to detail during both the design and construction process. By incorporating the administration of the construction process into our workflow, we streamline the process of translating our designs to built work. The office has intentionally concentrated on projects of varying types, scales and locations that benefit from our rigorous process of design and exploration. Projects may include high-end residential, multi-family, mixed-use, creative office and tenant-improvements, and hospitality. Extensive thought and care is given to the site/context for each project and innovative, critical thinking is applied to all aspects of our work allowing for unique, meaningful solutions.
We are seeking a Project Architect/ Construction Manager in a full time leadership role working with a design, construction and development team on a variety of commercial and residential projects in the Los Angeles area. This is a unique position that combines experienced architectural skills with heavy construction management experience. This position is to help lead and grow the construction arm of the office.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum 5 years of meaningful, professional working experience in design and drawing phases of a project as well as significant construction administration experience including on-site observation and management of the construction process. Eric Rosen Architects is a small office, run as a collaborative studio, where everyone has the opportunity to contribute to all phases of a project. In addition to experience, we are looking for a candidate with an eagerness to learn, grow, participate and contribute in a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere. This position would include frequent job site visits during the construction phase. For these reasons, this position is in-person and not remote.
Other important qualifications and/ or helpful skills include:
- Ability to think like an architect with experience in construction and the daily operations of a construction project.
- Ability to manage the on-site work for consistency with the construction documents and directives from the architect.
- Ability and experience to coordinate and communicate with multiple trades concurrently.
- Ability to answer RFI’s and review daily reports in coordination with construction managers and principal architect.
- Ability to be proactive rather than reactive during the construction process.
- Ability to set up and use online construction management software and keep information updated regularly.
- Ability to be organized, forward thinking and detail oriented.
- Ability to take direction and work harmoniously in a small, collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Curiosity and interest in growing with our team.
- Strong technical and graphic communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, clients and consultants.
- Aptitude to learn and grasp new concepts quickly with a willingness to accept new challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in CAD drafting, 3D modeling / rendering skills.
- A professional degree, either BArch or MArch.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Current residency in Los Angeles within a reasonably close proximity to the office.
- Car & Driver’s License.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Working with us in this role, you will:
- Create, manage and track bulletins, RFI’s, submittals and samples.
- Coordinate and process change orders.
- Manage punch lists.
- Maintain and distribute project plans.
- Maintain/update project records.
- Assist in creating, distributing and updating the project schedule.
- Create and distribute meeting minutes.
- Understand appropriate building codes/ regulations.
- Create and distribute project closeout material.
- Assist project accountant with monthly subcontractor billings and pay applications.
- Maintain effective communication regarding the schedule, budgets, and scope of work.
- Assist in reviewing subcontractor contracts for accuracy to project documents.
- Support Principal and Managing Principal on the execution and development of design concepts using Vectorworks and Sketchup.
- Coordinate with construction managers and superintendents on the jobsite.
Eric Rosen Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation will be commensurate with work experience and skills. This is a full time (regular hours: Monday – Friday from 9am-6pm), in office (not remote), salaried position with associated benefits per company standards.
Please submit single pdf document including resume, cover letter, salary preference, references and images of prior projects to email@example.com