Where are you going? Where can we go together? Come along with us in pursuit of a more humane world. Our mission driven approach keeps us at the frontlines of critical issues and many kinds of user experiences. NAC is a group of thought leaders, trailblazers, and experts dedicated to bringing our clients’ ideas to life. We have also won a national design award or two -just a humbling reminder that we are on the right path of excellent stewardship and giving back. NAC Architecture is a national firm with four offices located in Los Angeles, Seattle, Spokane and our newly acquired office in Columbus, Ohio.
Project Architect at NAC is responsible for overseeing the architectural integrity of the projects, conforming to codes, meeting the design intent, client program, and integrating the work of all consultants into the project at each phase of development. Responsible to oversee all phases of the project delivery and will coordinate with the Project Manager, and Design Principal to ensure the project is properly executed. Candidates must possess strong analytical, oral, and written communications skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants, and vendors. Candidates must also have a proven ability in problem identification and problem solving. The successful candidate will have worked with DSA and other approval agencies with a demonstrated ability to successfully deliver completed projects.
- Responsible for developing and assembling complete sets of contract documents utilizing Revit and AutoCAD software
- Monitors and ensures that construction conforms to construction drawings and specifications
- Responsible to evaluate bid specifications and drawings
- Transfer construction knowledge to client as necessary
- Review and coordinate the work of structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, civil and other consultants
- Manage and limit project risks by facilitating project communications and maintaining clear projects
- Identify and correct problems in time to eliminate or minimize negative impact on construction costs and project risks
- Conduct and document on-site observations; process submittals, RFI’s substitution requests and shop drawings during construction
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project.
- Oversee the project integrity during all phases of project delivery
- Supports the continuity, quality, and intent of design
- Interface with client, contractor, review agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants
- May participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews
- May participate in the coordination and document preparation for projects and provide quality assurance via review of project documentation
- Strong design sensitivity and ability to contribute collaboratively to the design quality of projects
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects
- Excellent understanding construction techniques and methods
- DSA Strong working knowledge of zoning and building codes, standards, specifications, building /engineering systems and agency requirements (NFPA, ADAAG, FGI, OBC, IBC, etc) including accessibility and DSA
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively and successfully complete and organize multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining keen attention to detail and keeping detailed records
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and resolve disputes
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Effective verbal communication and presentation techniques
- Proficient in Revit required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites preferred but not required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency with Sketch Up or Rhino preferred but not required. Lumion, Enscape and V-Ray are a plus
- Architectural License is required
- LEED AP Certificate and experience in sustainable design is a plus
- Responsible to direct and mentor project associates and interns
- This position operates in a professional open office environment with low to moderate noise levels including collaborative work areas for team meetings. Each office provides collaborative work areas and shared resources such as video conferencing, printing/scanning, and a café for dining. Building construction sites may include varying temperatures, wind, dust, and noise levels and may include hazardous and dirty conditions.
- This position will require applicant to work at the jobsite in the Valley on construction administration for one project 4 days/week and 1 day/week will be in the NAC Los Angeles office in Chinatown.
- Hand/Wrist/Finger dexterity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
- Ability to lift a set of construction documents
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Position Type/Hours expected to work
- This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week
- Occasional travel depending on project assignments
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture or Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited university
- Master of Architecture preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture practice preferred
- Experience working with the Los Angeles Unified School District if a plus
- Sponsorship may be considered
NAC, Inc is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. As a result, all qualified employees and prospective employees will be recruited, selected, and trained without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally- protected status. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, experiences, growth potential and previous work record. This same non- discriminatory consideration will be used in all other aspects of the employment relationship.
NAC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability to the extent that doing so does not create an undue hardship on NAC. NAC encourages employees and applicants to communicate any special needs by engaging in an interactive process with NAC to formulate reasonable accommodations.