SPF:a is an established, award-winning architecture firm based in Los Angeles. The firm specializes in clients and projects that require a high level of design sensitivity, technical expertise, and hands-on principal involvement. Led by Zoltan E. Pali, FAIA and Judit M. Fekete-Pali, SPF:a works on a range of typologies including cultural, single-family residential, multi-family residential, commercial, educational, civic, and infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect with exceptional project management skills to drive mid to large projects in the residential, cultural, educational and infrastructure space. The studio is widely recognized for its technical and design-driven approach and similarly seeks an individual who understands how to put buildings together and the dedication it takes to do it well while being skillful in managing these projects.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, and professionalism of the instruments of service and the facilitation of the final architectural product
- Direct production of drawings, specifications, and construction administration tasks
- Participate in design studies and evaluation of design proposals in collaboration with the Design Principal.
- Manage consultant teams through various project phases as well as build and nurture relationships with clients
- Resolve complex technical/design issues and detailing and provide guidance and mentorship to team
- Actively participate and contribute to the financial performance of the project and ensure projects conform to contract
- Maintain an awareness of the scope, schedule, budget and status of all assigned projects
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- 7+ years of post-graduate experience with multiple built projects
- Intermediate to Expert skill in Revit. Intermediate Rhino and Illustrator skills are preferred. Experience with BIM 360, Dynamo or Grasshopper is a plus.
- Strong technical documentation skills with keen design sensibility
- Experience across a variety of projects; preferably high-end residential, multi-family residential, cultural, educational, or infrastructure
- General knowledge of building code(s). Familiarity with local zoning regulations is a plus.
- Excellent people management and communications skills
- Experience in producing work on all phases of the project from Concept design through Construction Administration.
- Self-motivated, self-driven individual with a passion to collaborate at a high-level of design
- Ability to multi-task and follow through
- Creative problem solver and critical thinker
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Desire to contribute to the shared knowledge within the office – Receptive to learning from others and teaching younger members of the office.
- Positive demeanor and open mindset
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US AT SPF:a
● Project variety – Ranging from award-winning residential projects like the Orum Residence to Cultural projects like the Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts, bridges, and commercial projects like WE3.
● Boutique firm culture – Client-facing opportunities, and room to grow as the firm grows. Close working relationship with owner/Partner Zoltan Pali, FAIA
● Pay and benefits – Competitive compensation package with bonus, 401K contributions, generous PTO, Holiday week off, occasional training and development programs.
● Schedule – 40 hours a week with hybrid working options
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the opportunity to join the SPF:a team as a Project Architect, please send in your portfolio to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Important for applying – Subject line – Application for Project Architect. Please include a cover letter (including an indication of availability), resume, and portfolio in a pdf document not exceeding 20MB in size.