AKT Designs is a full service innovative consulting and design firm located in Englewood, NJ. We provide comprehensive design services that include architectural design, interior design, programming and planning in New Jersey and New York metropolitan area. We believe that every project has its own unique opportunity for expression. For every project we engage, our primary goal is to discover that unique opportunity and create something beautiful, regardless of site, program or budget issues.
We are currently looking for talented, detail-oriented, self-motivated designers with 3-7 years of professional experience that can lead a project from schematic design through construction to join our growing office. We have a consistent amount of projects that range from single family residential, multi-family residential, mixed-use and commercial that will allow a candidate a wide range of exposure to various facets of architectural practice.
This is a full-time position (in-office).
- USA citizenship or be permitted to work in the USA immediately.
- 3- 7 years of professional experience with either a Bachelors of Architecture and/or Masters of Architecture
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Powerpoint or Canvas and SketchUp is a MUST
- Excellent verbal and writing abilities.
- Self-motivated, articulate, organized, and ability to work on multiples assignments simultaneously
- Willingness to learn and take directions from senior staff
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines while producing a quality product
- Communicate effectively with clients, contractors, and team members
- Handle multiple responsibilities and priorities
- Must have a driver’s license and a car for transportation to and from job sites within NYC Metropolitan area.
- Knowledge of building codes, building renovations, permitting processes, and construction document production is strongly preferred
- Experience designing and detailing single and multi-family residential projects. Commercial experience is a plus.
- Professional references.
***** New Jersey or New York Applicants ONLY will be considered ****
AKT DESIGNS is an equal opportunity employer.