Works Progress Architecture has emerged as one of the few truly progressive architectural design studios with offices in Portland, OR and Los Angeles, CA. Founded in early 2005 by principal Carrie Strickland in Portland, W.PA has established a design approach rooted in clear conceptual diagrams applied across a wide spectrum of project scales. W.PA strives to bring thoughtful engagement to each project and maintains a staff that contributes in this way. The studio is fast paced and collaborative with tight timelines and tight budgets and holds a high standard for design quality.
W.PA is seeking candidates for the positions of Architect 2 and Architect 3 with 4-12 years of professional and design related industry experience. We are looking to fill multiple positions in our Portland, Oregon office and the positions will be filled as soon as possible.
- Possess a personal interest and understanding of the design process
- Possess a personal interest and understanding of ADA and municipal code compliance.
- Have a belief that the entire project timeline, from conception to delivery, is the design process
- Be a self-motivated individual that has the ability to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Be able to multi-task, establish priorities and communicate clearly
- Be comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Be resourceful and able to work under deadlines
- Have an ability to interpret and convey design studies and concepts
- Be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and V-ray.
- Have experience working with construction documents, details and working productively with a team and/or individually.
- Have experience in the area of construction administration, replying to RFI’s and Submittal responses, issuing ASI’s, and reviewing pay-applications.
- Get along well with others, have a good sense of humor and have the maturity to receive constructive criticism during the creative process.
- Experience with multifamily, adaptive reuse, TI’s, and ground up commercial is essential.
This is a full-time position with salary commensurate with experience and studio structure. Email PDF resumes and work samples in PDF form (no larger than 6MB) to email@example.com. Please state your location prefenece: Los Angeles or Portland.