WRT is seeking a Project Architect with 8-12 years’ experience to join the team in the Philadelphia office. Our work focuses on a variety of architectural, planning, and urban design project types for multi-family residential, mixed-use, and educational clients.
Pay Range: $69K – $86K
- Collaborating across disciplines on design solutions for Housing and Education projects.
- Fostering and maintaining a collaborative professional working relationship with teams.
- Utilizing computer – assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- Working with Project Managers and directing architectural designers to produce architectural drawings sets.
- Participating in bidding and value engineering efforts.
- Perform code analyses and reviews.
- Leading the construction administration of implementation projects including site visits, responding to RFIs, and reviewing submittals.
- Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
- Holding multiple roles in all phases of design and documentation simultaneously.
- Periodic travel to clients and sites should be anticipated.
- Regular attendance, physically reporting to the office 3 days/week
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Professional licensure is preferred but not required
- LEED AP / Passive House or other Sustainability certification is preferred
- 8-12 years of related experience
- Drive for professional growth and development into a well-rounded architect and leader
- Strong design and problem solving skills
- Passion for design and building craft
- Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player mentality with a desire to mentor and be mentored
- Proficiency with Revit (plus Dynamo), SketchUp, Rhino, Lumion, Enscape (plus VR), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator), and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Who We Are:
As an interdisciplinary team of planners, designers, and strategists, WRT works across scales to create transformative and lasting impacts in social equity, climate resilience, and learning environments. Our clients value our collaborative approach, leadership, and ability to design meaningful solutions that are responsive to their challenges, values, and aspirations. Founded in 1963, WRT was formed on the environmental ethos of designing with nature. In the 60 years since, WRT has grown into an award-winning planning and design firm, with offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, culminating in being named the AIA PA Firm of the Year in 2022.
Qualified candidates looking to apply for this position should use the following link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and work samples.
WRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We strongly value diversity and an inclusive workplace.
WRT, LLC OFFERS COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION, EXCELLENT BENEFITS, AND A POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT DESIGNED AROUND THE PHILOSOPHY OF MUTUAL RESPECT AND THE CHALLENGE OF CONTRIBUTING TO THE CONTINUED SUCCESS OF OUR ORGANIZATION.
WRT, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE STRONGLY VALUE DIVERSITY AND AN INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS AND WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY.
Note: Cigna has made available the following link to machine readable files of negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. https://www.cigna.com/legal/compliance/machine-readable-files This is in response to the Transparency in Coverage & Consolidated Appropriations Act 2021.