Magnusson Architecture and Planning (MAP) is a purpose-driven architecture firm centered on socially responsible housing and community development. For more than 30 years we have been at the forefront of inclusive, sustainable and healthy design. Our work includes residential and mixed-use buildings with an emphasis on affordable, supportive, senior, transitional and market-rate housing; community facility spaces; and community-based planning and urban design.
At MAP, we work to foster a collegial, collaborative, and team-based studio environment, focused on thoughtful planning and design solutions to support and elevate our clients’ missions. The firm is seeking a talented and skilled candidate to join our successful team and work under the supervision of a Project Manager and Principal/Associate-in-Charge.
- Provide professional architectural services for the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend design solutions, products, and assemblies that best meet the needs of our clients.
- Analyze code and agency regulations, produce planning and occupancy studies, and prepare design layouts and options.
- Coordinate and/or manage outside consultants, may also delegate to or manage junior technical staff.
- Maintain design schedules, lead on-site construction meetings, prepare reports and update Senior leadership team during all phases of a project.
- Manage multiple projects at different levels of progress.
- Licensed Architect or working towards licensure
- Proficiency in Revit required
- 5 to 8 years of experience in design coordination and construction administration
- Knowledge and experience in construction documents and consultant coordination
- Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills
- Knowledge of NYC zoning and codes is strongly preferred
- Excellent digital presentation skills and design sense
- Interest in mixed-use projects, affordable housing, and sustainable community development
We offer competitive salaries, a hybrid schedule, a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, generous PTO and excellent professional development programs.
Email one pdf (15MB or less) including a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and select work samples to Lisa Rondon: firstname.lastname@example.org. To foster an equitable hiring process, we ask that you remove any identifying information such as your name and the names of schools you have attended, from the documents that you submit.
No calls please.