Who is Multistudio?
Multistudio collaboratively expands the practice of design from cities to buildings to branding. We believe that diversity of thought, people and disciplines helps us spark change. Through our portfolio of projects, neither size nor type dictates their importance.
Their impact does.
Position Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking a full-time Project Architect for our San Francisco location. Our San Francisco office is recruiting for in-office positions, as well as hybrid/remote roles for California-based candidates. In this role you’ll be responsible for ensuring the excellence of a project’s design. You’ll have in-depth involvement coordinating the client’s vision with the Studio team to help ensure a successfully executed design.
You’ll participate in providing design concepts and technical documents for projects. You can expect to work with a project team that ensures the projects meet metrics for energy performance, financial performance and design excellence.
We are Seeking Candidates with:
- Professional degree in architecture, architecture license, and 8+ years’ related experience
- Experience working with high design projects
- High proficiency with building science, detailing, building codes, and energy efficient design principles and technical execution.
- Capability to translate conceptual and schematic designs and abstract ideas into practical implementation with a passion for aesthetic rigor and building performance.
- Experience directing architectural and consultant teams during Design Development and Construction Documents phases to realize well-coordinated drawing sets, QC and QA, and driving project schedules
- Proficiency with Revit 2020, BIM workflows, Bluebeam, and other graphic communication to effectively convey ideas and direction.
- Strong skills in communication, design, consultant coordination, construction administration, and drawing
- Ability to create new ideas both independently and in collaboration
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment and be flexible to support numerous teams in any project phase
- Ability to coach and develop team contributors to elevate their skills and grow into new roles.
We seek people who value the responsibility of design, humbly engage many, pursue ideas with rigor, and seek meaningful outcomes both big and small. Currently, our 130+ employees collaborate across our Studio and office locations. Our practice’s core values embrace equity, diversity and creative freedom.
This is a full-time position which includes generous benefits such as vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plan. Multistudio supports a hybrid work environment; encouraging at least three days in office for regional hires. We also have opportunities for 100% remote work, as well as in-office positions. The compensation range for this position is $75,380-$131,800 for employees working full-time in our California office.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and an electronic portfolio. We look forward to getting to know you!