EMPLOYMENT STATUS Full-Time Employee
FULL TIME 40 hrs / wk
LOCATION Santa Barbara, CA
COMPENSATION Commensurate with experience
OVERVIEW Anacapa Architecture is seeking a Project Architect to become an integral part of our Santa Barbara, CA and Portland, OR collaborative studio environment, working all phases of project delivery on a wide variety of project types.
A successful Project Architect at Anacapa will skillfully manage all aspects of multiple projects simultaneously. This includes concept design through construction administration, client relationships, and the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical. In addition, the Project Architect will successfully manage resources and schedules to provide accurate timelines for projects, as well as maintain a consistent budget throughout.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect (preferably in California)
- 8-10 years of professional design experience
- Excellent design capabilities on a wide range of projects
- High proficiency with code analysis – plumbing calculations, egress & occupancy analysis, accessibility issues, access compliance analysis, etc.
- Extensive experience with Permit Submittals and Design Board Presentations
- Extensive Experience in Construction Detailing & Administration experience
- Experience in project cost estimating and scheduling
- Extensive experience in both Commercial and Residential projects
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficiency in either Rhino or 3DS Max, V-Ray
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to constructively work independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to balance multiple high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage work independently
- Travel is required to the Santa Barbara and Portland offices for all team-wide company events or workshops.
- Occasional travel between the SB and PDX offices for training or intra-office meetings.
- For Project Managers, regular travel to projects that are in the construction phases is required. This can be at times up to every 2 weeks, but typically once per month for job site visits on active projects.
- Travel to job sites for potential new projects may be required.
- Travel for in-person client meetings at least once per design phase if they don’t occur in the studio or at a local job site.
- Travel may at times be outside of typical weekday hours to accommodate client schedules, flight availability, and meeting times.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Group Health Insurance with Vision and Dental options
- Paid Vacation Time-Off
- 401K Plan participation
- Education Reimbursement Benefit
- Health and Wellness Monthly Benefit
- Telephone Reimbursement Monthly Benefit
TO BE CONSIDERED
Please email email@example.com with a PORTFOLIO, COVER LETTER, and RESUME. Please visit our website and Instagram account to familiarize yourself with our work. No phone calls, please.
Anacapa is a highly progressive architecture and design firm based in Santa Barbara, California with an office in Portland, Oregon. We are an innovative team of creative young designers who work collaboratively on all our projects.
Website | www.anacapaarchitecture.com
Instagram | Anacapa_Architecture @anacapa_architecture