About the job
Inhabit Design is a full service design firm based in Seattle, Washington, immersed in architecture, planning, interiors, high-performance design, and research. Our history and work around the world has focused on education projects and design with a social and civic impact, layered with an ideology driven by sustainability, thoughtful craft, and inspiration. Our intent is to merge the art and science of design with elegance and make places people thrive.
We are currently seeking a number of Project Architects and Intern Architects at several experience levels who can contribute to the overall excellence of work coming from Inhabit Design.
We are however not focused on formal titles and always looking for talented, well rounded, and engaged individuals who are proactive, collaborative, respectful of all perspectives, and focused on meaningful work. We believe in fitting roles to each person’s interests and skills and would love to discuss your potential.
Valuable Experience –
- A range of 0-10 years of post-bachelors degree Architecture firm experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or another related field.
- Experience working with Education projects
- A sustainable design ethic which includes an interest in sustainable building performance and research and development
- Strong capability with Revit
- Good graphic skills
- Ability to perform code analyses
- Document project specifications and create reports, plans, estimates, and calculations
- Technically strong enough to provide guidance to junior resources on the team
- Ability to be a liaison between the Principal, consultants, contractors, and other architects on the team.
- Experience with construction administration
Valuable Attributes –
- Highly collaborative by nature, with a respect for the perspectives of all others
- An interest and aptitude for design elegance and meaningful work
- Pro-active and dynamic in the approach to problem solving and production
- Detail and task-oriented with a passion for excellence
Some Advantages at Inhabit Design
- A compact firm with opportunities to participate in all aspects of projects and the business of Architecture, and interact with firm leadership on a daily basis, regardless of experience level
- A philosophy that people perform best when they are passionate about and happy with their work, and a belief in work-life balance
- A creative and respectful work environment and colleagues who are collaborative
- Opportunity to grow professionally with excellent projects.
In addition Inhabit Design provides a generous benefits package that includes 15 days of paid time off, paid holidays, a health plan, a long term care plan, commuter benefits, a 401k, potential bonuses, and more.
As a firm, we are committed to pay practices that are fair and competitive. Final salary decisions are made based upon the extent and relatedness of the candidate’s education and experience while considering internal firm and external market factors.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.