We are a growing, experienced, category-defying firm that is breaking through boundaries between industries. We are redefining how to build a modern home – designing at the intersection of land acquisition, development, design, construction, product procurement, project fulfillment, marketing, and sales.
We work with an international and diverse clientele, guiding our clients through the entire project—from finding a site to specifying items from finishing to furniture – culminating in a stunning prefabricated home, delivered and assembled on-site.
We are seeking a Project Architect (Senior Associate) in our Boston office. For the right candidate who performs well, this is a partner-track position.
- Process shepherd for approximately 4-5 high-end custom home projects at a time
- Develop conceptual designs with partner
- Review drawings and details with staff and clients
- Present designs to clients
- Manage internal and external expectations; communicate frequently with clients
- Site visits (travel)
- Mentor junior staff
- Manage schedule and staff
- Coordinate, develop and maintain relationships with consultants
- Participate in businesses development initiative meetings
- Participate in development of new prototype designs
- 15-plus years’ experience in client and project management
- 15-plus years’ experience working with construction documents
- Extensive experience conducting site visits and undertaking construction observation
- A professional degree in Architecture
- Licensed architect
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit, SketchUp and Excel
- Experience supervising staff and coordinating consultants
- A strong design vocabulary
A strong candidate is
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Highly self-motivated
- Fun, sharp, enthusiastic
- Committed to quality
- Someone who has a pride of authorship
- Able to communicate professionally with an educated, sophisticated clientele.
A strong candidate enjoys
- Identifying problems and working with others to find creative solutions
- Working independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Multi-tasking and maintaining focus on a portfolio of projects
- Competitive salary
- Annual profit share
- Project milestone-based bonus compensation
- Industry standard paid time off by agreement
- Turkel pays 50% of group health insurance premium for employee
- After nine months of proven in-office productivity and managerial aptitude, there is the potential for one day per week work from home arrangement
Coronavirus Pandemic Addendum
This role will initially fall under our current company-wide Work from Home program. Once restrictions are eased, this will be a full-time Boston office position.
Under our Work from Home program, the candidate will need high-speed internet and a quiet and comfortable place to work uninterrupted while hosting zoom video meetings with clients and colleagues. Turkel will supply a work PC, external monitor and any other infrastructure needs required to meet productivity expectations.
Travel to work sites will only take place once restrictions are lifted under state and/or federal guidelines.
Please submit your application to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Work sample (digital files only)