Ottinger Architects is a growing firm located in the Fairfax District that specializes in urban in-fill projects, both large and small, in the Los Angeles area. Mixed-use market rate and affordable housing projects are our primary focus. Ottinger Architects supports a collaborative work environment and offers the opportunity to work on all facets of a project, from initial concept to construction.
We are seeking a project architect with 8+ years of experience, who is motivated and well-rounded to join our growing team. The ideal candidate for this position has strong design skills, is conscientious, detail oriented and also possesses technical, organizational and communication skills.
We are looking for candidates who are capable of orchestrating the timely completion of a project from drawing production through construction. This requires the ability to translate and document design concepts, coordinate and communicate clearly with consultant teams, obtain project approvals and oversee construction administration.
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Licensed architect a plus
- Minimum 8 years of post-graduate experience working in architecture. Housing or mixed-use experience a plus
- Strong design skills
- Working knowledge of building construction types l, lll and V
- Modular construction experience a plus
- Strong understanding of the building code and disabled access requirements
- Familiarity with Los Angeles and Santa Monica zoning requirements is a plus
- Good understanding and ability to coordinate consultant drawings and systems
- Knowledge of project processes related to coordination, workflow, and construction detailing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high-quality of work
- Proficiency in Revit, Enscape, V-Ray, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite
Ottinger Architects offers competitive benefits including health, dental and 401k as well as three weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays and sick leave. We also offer bonus opportunities and the possibility to work a flexible schedule.
Please email a cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Project Architect” in the subject line.