Zimmerman Workshop is seeking a Project Architect with experience and interest in Interior Design and at least three years of professional experience.
We are an award-winning boutique design firm with a diverse, growing portfolio. Our projects include everything from renovations and new buildings, to custom interior design solutions as well as product design and fabrication. We have some exciting new projects on the boards and several more under construction, and are looking for a colleague who can bring creativity, curiosity, and enthusiasm — in addition to superb technical skills — to our small but active team.
About the role:
You will need to be able to perform research, to ideate, sketch, model (both physical and computer), and collaborate with the design team and principals. You’ll be expected to wear all hats associated with contributing to and leading multiple projects at once, so excellent communication and project management are required.
· bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
· three to five years’ experience of full-time work after graduation
· experience/interest in interior design
· EXPERT in AutoCAD and Rhino,
· proficiency in 3DS Max and Adobe Suite
· proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· excellent communication and presentation skills
· ability and desire to work in collaborative small office setting
· ability to research, brainstorm, sketch, model – both physical and computer, and collaborate
· experience with construction documentation
· experience working in New York City on projects located in New York City
Zimmerman Workshop considers its employees to be its most valuable resource. In addition to offering a competitive salary and benefits, we nurture a positive and supportive working atmosphere, are dedicated to fostering a healthy work-life balance, and we place a high value on creative growth and freedom.
To apply please include: 1 – Cover Letter addressed to Sofia Zimmerman explaining why you think you might be a good fit with us, 2 – resume and portfolio, 3 – references.
Please do not call. Please only send emails to the address listed above. This is for internal management and organization. Any replies other than to firstname.lastname@example.org will not be considered.