Project Architect at AGA
Amie Gross Architects (AGA) is an award-winning full-service NYC architecture firm focused on designing community-based projects of both new construction and renovation. AGA is dedicated to the design of equitable and engaging spaces for diverse communities. Our steady focus on community-based design while harnessing social equity has made us a recognized leader in the design of socially responsible architecture since 1984.
We are known for buildings of affordable and supportive housing, with work also in healthcare, multi-use, and educational facilities. We specialize in work for not-for-profit organizations, for whom we design mission-based and sustainable projects ranging from $3 to $60 million dollars, with most work above $35 million. Our commitment to reducing the climatic impact of our work is deep and we consider ourselves leaders in the overlapping fields of affordable and ecologically responsible design.
As a small firm, we find strength in our collaborative environment, allowing us to create large and impactful buildings that serve the public good. For more information on our latest projects, please visit our website: AmieGrossArchitects.com.
The Project Architect plays a vital role in the mission of AGA: Creating well-designed, high performance, low maintenance buildings with reasonable construction costs.
The Project Architect will oversee the production of Contract Documents, primarily for new multifamily residential and community facility buildings. This is a role for a seasoned professional who is not only a skilled technician who takes pride in the nuance required to craft successful construction documents and specifications, but who also thrives as a mentor and collaborator in a congenial, productive environment.
This is primarily, but not exclusively, a technical role, requiring a sound knowledge of applicable codes and regulations, building science, and a working knowledge of all design trades. The position requires an individual with a varied skill set encompassing organizational, technical, and communication strengths, with a strong commitment to sustainable, socially responsible architecture.
The successful candidate will be accustomed to working collaboratively in small teams of one to four individuals in the creation of the firm’s instruments of service for multiple projects. The Project Architect will work closely with Project Managers and firm Principals to develop and document the scope of work and will be responsible for coordinating with the engineering professionals in executing project documentation.
- Have at least eight years of multi-family housing production experience as a Project Architect or Job Captain, with some experience in affordable and sustainable housing.
- Must have significant experience in high-rise production, accustomed to handling construction documents for projects over $35 million.
- Possess a working knowledge of New York City Building Codes.
- Passionate about projects demanding maximum sustainability and affordability.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam is required.
- LEED and/or Passive House Certification is a plus.
- Architectural Licensure is not mandatory but would be considered a very strong plus.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited university.
- Highly organized, with strong English written and verbal skills.
- Must be currently living in New York City and a US Citizen or already possess a work visa for working in the United States.
Salary and Benefits:
AGA is honored to design spaces and buildings based on a set of values that foster harmony, community, and wellness; and we prioritize these values in our office by prioritizing our team members and their morale. We are pleased to offer our team members:
- Competitive Salary: $80,000 to $100,000
- Full-time, long-term career opportunity
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)
- 401k Plan and profit sharing
- Compensation for ARE examinations for licensure.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio, along with an excerpt from a set of construction documents you created in PDF format to email@example.com. Please provide a Dropbox link for large files. Thank you.