Founded in 1985, BKSK Architects is a New York City-based firm specializing in design that is socially, contextually, and ecologically engaged. The firm’s diverse range of work includes award-winning cultural, civic, educational, and multi-family residential projects.
We are looking for a Project Architect/ Project Manager with 6-8 years of experience and a passion for high quality design, strong technical capabilities, and a positive, collaborative work style. This position involves design, documentation, and production as well as management responsibilities. This position may also include construction administration as part of the role. The need is immediate.
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited university;
- 6-8 years of experience, (NYC based experience preferred);
- Strong design skills
- Proficiency in Revit, 3DSMax/ V-Ray/ Enscape, and Adobe Creative Suite (other design-related programs are a plus)
- Experience in sustainable design and building performance (CPHC/ LEED/ Well accreditation a plus)
- Experience with all phases of project development from schematic design through construction for mid to large size projects. For this role, prior experience in renovation/ adaptive re-use is preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple project typologies
- Motivated self-starter and works well in a collaborative environment; and,
- Ability to communicate comfortably, clearly and confidently with team members and client.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including health insurance, company-match 401K, and mentoring and benefits for professional development including ARE support. Expected salary range is $90-110,000, depending upon capabilities and relevant experience.
Please submit your resume, portfolio and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with “Project Architect” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements within the range described above, and availability. Please do not send attachments exceeding 5 MB. No submissions via FTP or posts, and no phone calls, please.
BKSK Architects LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or gender identity or expression. All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply.