At ORANGEWALLstudios our core values of Empathy, Care, Vision, Process, Respect and Joy are what set us apart from other architecture and design firms. These are not merely statements on our website; however, they are truly the values we practice every day, as a team, with our clients, with our friends, family and in our community. We lead with empathy, we set egos aside and work through a genuinely collaborative and creative process. Our studios produce a broad range of project types and scales and deliver well-designed, thoughtful projects that promote wellness and positively impact our community. Every member of the ORANGEWALLstudios team brings heart, passion, and a unique perspective to contribute to the diversity, growth and success of every project, the studio, and our company.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a focused and dynamic Project Architect with demonstrated Research Facility, Laboratory and Healthcare experience with strong planning, documentation, and technical detailing abilities.
A Project Architect on our team will have an active role in all phases of project delivery and will facilitate communication directly with the client and across the project team, prepare preliminary code reviews, oversee, and participate in the creation of project documentation, and actively participate in community design meetings and charrettes. Our Project Architects self-direct their work, manage the work of supporting staff, and possess a high level of communication and leadership skills.
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU:
- Fluent in Revit production and Revit rendering
- Proficient in Enscape and Navis Works, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 365 Tools including Sharepoint and Teams.
- Fluent in Bluebeam, proficient in online collaboration tools, including virtual conferencing platforms and tools.
- Documented knowledge of building construction, materials, and systems.
- Documented knowledge of architectural graphic standards.
- Demonstrated production of drawings in Revit. AutoCAD a plus.
- Provide design and technical documentation support to the Principal and Project Leads.
- Involvement in all phases of project development including design and production.
- Oversee or participate in building surveys, studies, field measurements, and as-builts.
- Provide input into the design and construction schedule.
- Organize and direct the architectural and consultant teams to execute the work in an orderly, timely, and professional manner.
- Production of construction detail documentation that conforms to QA/QC and best practice standards (Resolve design and technical issues to maintain progress and quality control.
- Develop space plans and schedules Recognize and document conflicts as they arise and offer alternatives to resolve issues.
- Generate presentation renderings, production of graphics and reports.
- Manage the bidding and permitting process.
- Participate and support the Project Leads and Principal in client meetings and presentations.
- Facilitate communication with the client, consultants, and internal team.
- Oversee the close out process.
- Manage/mentor junior level staff on assigned tasks.
- Research materials and products and meet with vendors.
- Other tasks as assigned.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional degree in Architecture required. NCARB Certified is preferred
- Architectural licensure or on track for licensure.
- 7-10 years of working or relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of Oregon building codes, accessibility requirements, and the permit procurement process; California code knowledge preferred.
- LEED or related sustainability credentials preferred.
- Familiarity with NIH DRM, AAALAC, AAALAS, BMBL, GMP guidelines preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
At ORANGEWALLstudios, we are committed to a work-life-balance model. We want you to enjoy your work, your team, and set your own path for growth. In addition, our benefits are super competitive to any firm in the industry, large or small, and include medical, dental, vision, disability, flexible spending, a company-paid health reimbursement account, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer 401k and annual bonus opportunities.
We enjoy and welcome diversity at all levels, in a highly inclusive environment, that servers our employees, consultants and clients. Employment decisions are based on merit, competence, and performance. We do not discriminate. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ORANGEWALLstudios is a full-service architecture and planning studio that thrives on great design and great relationships. Visit www.orangewallstudios.com or message us at email@example.com to learn more.