Sprotte+Watson Architecture and Planning, Inc. is an award winning, north San Diego County architectural firm specializing in High Performance K-12 and higher educational facilities. We are looking for talented, self-motivated professionals who want to make a positive impact in architecture and education. This position includes design, project management and construction administration opportunities. Individuals who want to expand their skills, are interested in career advancement and who want to work in an energetic, friendly environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sprotte+Watson offers competitive compensation that is commiserate with professional experience and skill level. The firm provides mentoring, professional growth opportunities and excellent benefits; including medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401 K program, bonus incentives and paid holiday and vacations.
- 4-years minimum experience as a registered Architect (licensed in the USA)
- Strong technical skills – ability to produce comprehensive documents and technical details
- Knowledge of California Building Code, Title 24. Americans with Disabilities Act
- Leadership and people skills necessary to supervise other staff; coordinate with consultants
- Possess strong written and verbal skills; able to write and communicate clearly
- Excellent work ethic; Exhibits sound, practical, professional judgment at all times.
- Personality, experience and ability to successfully represent Firm at meetings, etc.
- Skilled in AutoCAD, Revit, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and FastTrack Scheduling
- Experience writing / editing specifications using Mater Spec or similar software program
Beneficial Additional Skills:
- Experience working on K-12 or higher educational projects
- Experience with DSA and/or City of San Diego
- Experience with Sketch-Up and My Lumion Software
- Construction Administration experience
- Strong Design Skills for initial design, design development and marketing materials
- Knowledge of CHPS design and/or LEED certification
As a pivotal position, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all phases of a project (from design, approvals, bid, construction and closeout)
- Collaborate closely with firm Principals; serve as a primary contact with client
- Coordinate the A/E consulting team in support of the project, schedule and budget
- Develop documentation and project records as required
- Work closely with staff in developing design and contract documents; mentor junior staff
- Collaborate and work effectively with contractors and governing agencies
- Understand professional and contract liabilities
- Cover Letter / Resume of Educational & Employment History / Description of Revit & CAD skills / Added benefits you bring to the position / Professional References (3 min., one within the last 12 months)
How to Apply:
- Email cover letter with resume and references
- Please, no phone call inquiries about this position
- Please do not contact us with unsolicited services, offers or other commercial interests