RZAPS – Ricardo Zurita Architecture & Planning is a collaborative, award-winning firm with a focus on projects that enliven public life in the city.
Our projects are within a broad spectrum of types including new and renovation of public buildings, as well as the design of public spaces. Our mission is to develop designs that are process-driven in collaboration with our stakeholders, i.e., city and state agencies, community-based groups, and private clients.
We are currently one of the firms selected by NYC for their Project Excellence program.
We are looking for a Project Architect with a minimum of 5 years of design experience including the production of design and presentation drawings, as well as able to undertake a variety of project-related tasks and responsibilities. The position provides opportunities for accelerated professional growth with a range of project types.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Schematic and Design Development including design and presentation drawings.
- Working collaboratively on Construction Drawings
- Collaborating with Senior Staff during the Construction Administration Phase
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s (5-year) or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Computer Drawing Skills including BIM (ArchiCAD a plus), AutoCAD and visualization software, including Rhino
- In the process of completing a Professional Licensure track is a plus
- Fluent English-language writing skills
Qualified candidates should submit by email a resume along with samples of their work in PDF format, not to exceed 10MB. Please reference “Project Architect” in subject line. No phone calls.
WORKING AT RZAPS We provide a collaborative professional work environment in an open studio steps from Bryant Park. Our team is comprised of a diverse, dedicated staff who participate in producing iconic designs of high quality. The professionalism of our staff is recognized with competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including health insurance benefits, 401K, a profit-sharing plan, and other benefits. CURRENTLY OUR WORK WEEK IS PARTIALLY REMOTE.