We are currently seeking a creative and talented Recently Qualified Architect or Experienced Part III student to join our busy, friendly studio in Bath.
We are an award winning, design orientated and collaborative practice, and we enjoy designing beautiful, bespoke, ingenious architecture, finding a unique and sustainable architectural solution for each client. We work on a variety of high quality projects in Bath and the south of England in the residential, cultural and commercial sectors, including contemporary new build and listed buildings.
The role is based in our friendly open plan studio in beautiful surroundings next to the river Avon on the outskirts of Bath.
The role will involve working directly for one of the two Directors, and taking responsibility for the day to day delivery of our service on one or more projects. Once you show the necessary capability and competence you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility in design and job running as you can manage.
If you would like to join our friendly, talented team you should demonstrate:
- Strong design skills
- Good level of technical construction knowledge. An expertise/interest in sustainable construction and energy efficient design would be an advantage
- Experience of running projects in the UK, with contract administration an advantage Be capable of managing junior staff, demonstrating excellent communication and organisational skills
- Commitment to our team and an interest in contributing to Practice activities
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients and consultants
- Excellent CAD and hand drawing skills (experience of ArchiCAD an advantage)
- Rhino / Grasshopper experience is an advantage
What we offer:
Competitive salary, according to experience, and benefits including:
- Structured career progression and prospects to a senior role and ownership
- An open management style that keeps all staff involved in the projects and the business
- Paid professional membership fees
- Profit share and performance based rewards
- Company pension – employer contribution
- Income protection scheme and access to employee assistance programme
- Open plan studio in beautiful surroundings, with a friendly and inclusive environment
- CPD programme
- Annual study trip to a city of architectural interest
How to apply:
Please write a covering letter of no more than 250 words explaining why you think your skills and experience would be a good fit for our requirements. Please email your CV, sample portfolio (max 5 pages) and covering letter with notice period to: email@example.com
Designscape Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
You must have the right to work in the UK now and for the foreseeable future.
Unfortunately we are not always able to respond to every CV we receive.
No agencies please.
For more information about Designscape Architects, please visit our website: www.dscape.co.uk