Hoefer Welker has openings for Project Architects! The Project Architect will be responsible for efficiently and effectively managing, designing and delivering successful building projects through a pro-active delivery process whether with in-house staff or outside AEC team members and according to office standards and processes. Responsibilities include involvement from schematic design through construction on projects, reviewing shop drawings and related submittals, coordinating consultants in all phases and directing the production of the projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support, direct, and mentor staff within a team building atmosphere where personal agendas and preferences are to be set aside and all team members are to effectively work together for what is determined to be best for the company, client, and project
- Collaboratively work with Consultants, contractors, and owners in a pro-active integrated project delivery process throughout all project phases including design, construction and post-occupancy to achieve client, project and internal office project goals
- Focus on client satisfaction and creating their interest in our providing them with additional future project related services
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of project personnel, ensuring individual job assignments are achieved in support of project requirements
- Maintain an awareness of the scope, schedule, budget and status of all assigned projects
- Develop and maintain client confidence in our staff and operations by maintaining a high level of professionalism, accountability, and performance
- Conduct architectural studies, develop design concepts and design criteria, and prepare reports, calculations, and detailed design and construction documents
- Conduct preliminary field surveys, develop designs and drafts preliminary plans project
- Assist in developing statements of probable cost
- Participate in the presentation of plans and documents to governing and permitting authorities for land use, zoning and permit approvals
- Observe the inspection of construction projects while in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans and specifications; advise contractors on the interpretation of the plans and specifications
- Prepare material, write construction specifications and prepare detailed construction documents
- Ensure quality assurance program is initiated and adhered to through the life of the project
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent in education or experience. 5-10 years experience in architectural practice as a project architect on technical projects is required.
- Architectural registration required with current license
- NCARB registration desired and LEED Green Associate Accreditation desired
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and willingness to use insured personal vehicle in the courses of employment.
Candidate must be proficient in Revit, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office. Deltek Vantagepoint and Newforma knowledge preferred. Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere, and meet deadlines. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be detail oriented and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Great leadership, decision making, delegation, and mentoring skills
- Ability to provide high quality, responsive design solutions and documentation for construction in a variety of styles with a proven ability to provide exceptional client service
- Self-motivated and with a strong work ethic and personally driven to consistently meet project design and performance goals
- Ability to work independently as well as with various disciplines and types of people and committed to being an effective, contributing team player
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate a keyboard or computer mouse. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required for this job include close vision.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EEO Employer/Veterans/Disabled