Position Available – Project Architect
About House & Robertson Architects
House & Robertson Architects is a national firm dedicated exclusively to providing executive architect / architect of record services to visionary partners from around the globe. Highly collaborative and efficient, HRA specializes in effective project delivery. We utilize strong leadership, experience and expertise to lead teams, develop creative solutions, and manage the unknowns. We intently balance cost, performance and aesthetics to execute great design. See our work on our website www.hrarch.com
Summary of Position:
The Project Architect is responsible for the delivery of the project through the design, production and construction phases and works directly with the senior leader, project manager and project designer in confirming the design program, scope of work and delivery requirements. The Project Architect shall demonstrate a thorough understanding of construction, building materials and construction detailing and shall be responsible for implementation and documentation of the project. The Project Architect shall demonstrate professional knowledge in designing to meet the governmental regulations, zoning and building codes, and current building industry standards.
The Project Architect oversees the production and coordination of the design and construction documents. The Project Architect works with the staff and consultants to ensure the drawing and specifications are coordinated and properly represents the design intent.
The Project Architect is expected to demonstrate the professional knowledge and expertise, attention to detail, design sense, and sound judgment. Continuous learning and staying current with professional and technical developments are required. Additional key responsibilities are sharing professional knowledge, quality assurance, motivating others and establishing successful project teams.
- Gather appropriate project data and set up project files
- Determine applicable governmental regulations and codes
- Set up list of deliverables and work with project manager to establish delivery team
- Collaborates with the project designer on establishing building criteria and material palette
- Communication with the project and consultant team
- Meet delivery schedule
- Quality Control review of project documentation
- Prepare cartoon set of drawing sets and outline specifications
- Maintain ongoing, positive and productive client relationships
- Document any program or scope changes
- Prepare code checks and floor area analysis
- Prepare Building Permit Submittal Set
- Maintain Office Record set of Documents
- Assist with Bidding and Negotiation phase
- Construction Administration activities including RFI’s, Shop Drawing and submittal review, clarifications, Change Orders and site observation reports.
- Assist in close out procedures.
This position requires a B.S. or B.A. in Architecture and 5+ years in the practice of architecture. A current professional architectural registration license is preferred but not required. It is essential that the Project Architect have management skills to lead staff team, consultants and maintain client relationship. The Project Architect should have the ability to anticipate project requirements and leadership qualities to work well with others. It is important that the Project Architect be thorough and complete and able to review the work of others to coordinate multiple detail information. All drafting is produced with Revit and BIM coordination. Skills with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, and Newforma are a plus. Position will offer full benefits package upon hiring, salary is contingent upon level of experience.
When sending a resume with work samples, please keep to a maximum file size of 5 MB. Please send your resume materials to email@example.com
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org