Architectural Preservation Studio, DPC is a women-owned design professional-service corporation founded by a collaboration of architects, preservationists, and material conservators. We are one of the nation’s leaders in historic preservation, with advanced expertise in building conservation technologies, architectural restoration, and exterior envelope repairs.
The professional staff of the studio has been involved in some of the most important preservation projects of the last two decades, including Frank Lloyd Wright’s Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and Fallingwater, the historic Breakers and Château-sur-Mer mansions in Newport, RI and Louis Sullivan’s Bayard-Condict building in NYC. Additional projects include theaters, academic structures, courthouses, museums and other iconic structures.
We are a certified WBE in the City of New York, the State of New York, The Port Authority of NY & NJ, the NYC SCA, and with the WBENC. We are also a EDWOSB with the US Small Business Administration.
Applicants shall be architects or intern architects with 3-5 years of practical experience. Responsibilities will include building envelope investigation and analysis, report writing, preparation of design and construction documents with little supervision, construction administration, and field inspections for a variety of building types. A professional degree in architecture and/or historic preservation is required. Applicants should have demonstrated experience working for architectural firms.
The ideal candidate should possess the following characteristics:
- Substantial field experience with historic preservation, restoration, and building envelope projects.
- Proven track record in the development of construction documents and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and writing skills.
- Ability to work well with clients and coordinate with interdisciplinary teams.
- NYC scaffolding certification and the ability to work on suspended scaffolding and aerial lifts.
- Working knowledge of the NYC Façade Inspection Safety Program (FISP).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Enthusiasm, love for the profession, and self-motivation are absolutely essential for this position.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
We require that employees are vaccinated for COVID-19 as allowed by governmental and client requirements.
The salary range is $65,000 to $75,000 USD per year.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with a resume, salary requirements, and portfolio to email@example.com. All documents shall be in PDF Format in a single document. No calls, please.
Please indicate if you are authorized to work lawfully in the United States and if you now or in the future will require Architectural Preservation Studio to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you. Architectural Preservation Studio, DPC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. In addition to compliance with federal EEO statutes, Architectural Preservation Studio, DPC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination.